Bernie to go after the prize again

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  missing_kskd 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

paulwalker
    Participant

I have backed off from opinions on this side of the board for the past year, but doesn’t mean I can’t provide a link. Go at it!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/bernie-sanders-set-to-announce-2020-presidential-run/ar-BBSKd7e

Andrew
    Participant

I don’t think he has much of a shot if he runs.

Remember, in 2016, many people voted in the primary not for “Bernie Sanders” but for “Not Hillary.” And he was really the only alternative candidate to Hillary who drew a clear distinction to her. Martin O’Malley seemed like a good, upright guy and everything, but he didn’t exactly embrace a coherent alternate view to Clinton like Sanders did.

You can see that some of the Bernie voters had only a fickle loyalty to him; once he dropped out of the primary and endorsed Clinton, the “Never Hillary” nutters felt betrayed and surely wouldn’t support him again in 2020. In any case, in 2020, the nutters will probably latch on to Tulsi Gabbard assuming she runs. And the anti-corporation anti-Wall Street crowd can go with Elizabeth Warren. These kind of alternatives weren’t in the race in 2016.

The article you linked to above says that Sanders “was emboldened by early polls of the race that have consistently showed him as one of the top candidates in a crowded Democratic primary field. In particular, the source said Sanders was heartened to see numbers indicating he is one of the leading candidates among African American and Latino voters, two groups he was perceived as struggling with in 2016.” Hey, Bernie, did it occur to you that you lead in these early polls mostly because no one has yet HEARD of the other candidates? He has big name recognition from 2016. Of course he would in many polls, given that respondents may not know a lot about the others in the race yet.

Plus…Sanders is four more years older. Although I personally don’t see that as a big liability against Trump, compared to the other younger blood in the race, Sanders doesn’t compare very well. (Elizabeth Warren is almost eight years younger, and even she looks old compared to Kirsten Gillibrand (age 52) and Kamala Harris (age 54).

But – hey, why not? Hop on board, Bernie! Should be quite a crowded stage at that first debate.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Yeah, it’s a different go-around this time. Some of Bernie’s progressives got in during the mid-term, so that stirred the pot a bit.

Should be an interesting couple of years politically for the Dems.

paulwalker
    Participant

And “Missing” will check in here in 3-2-1…

(with all respect to KSKD)

Vitalogy
    Participant

Fuck Bernie and fuck his supporters. He, and they, are why we have Trump.

I don’t think he has a chance either. My bigger concern is how he will help Trump get re-elected.

Andrew
    Participant

I don’t think Bernie will be much of a factor this time, actually. I suppose he might endorse one candidate or another and that might be significant in a close race.

The real worry for Democrats will be whether they can unite around one candidate. They did pretty quickly in 2004 around Kerry – he was pretty much the nominee after Iowa. Democrats just wanted to unite against Bush. Maybe they will again in 2020, but we seem to have deeper fissures in the Democratic party now. If voters wind up divided like in 2016, with the losing side having to be cajoled to “vote for the nominee anyway,” it might be another difficult race against Trump.

missing_kskd
    Participant

First: “Fuck Bernie Supporters” = Hello Trump 2020

If you have to “fuck” the ones who are about better for all Americans, rather than lean on those all about some of them at the expense of “those other people?”

Yeah, deserved. All of us. Get the fuck along, or Trump.

Priorities. Long past time to reconsider those and get them in order.

And this?

If voters wind up divided like in 2016, with the losing side having to be cajoled to β€œvote for the nominee anyway,” it might be another difficult race against Trump.

Didn’t learn a damn thing from 2016 did ‘ya. Doesn’t work that way. Fear, blame and shame are no longer effective GOTV tools. Want those voters in the family? Represent them in a meaningful way, or expect way too many of them to teach the lesson again. Should the nominee pretend to represent all the people, that nominee can expect to pretend to win.

Democracy, it’s a bitch.

Now, with the house business out of the way πŸ˜€

YES! Of course he’s running!

Like I wrote last time, the first run was a wild success! Built a movement, we’ve got progressives in government starting the right kind of shit. Long overdue.

The vast majority of those people have kept in touch and have been organizing for this. Last time, it was a statement campaign that hit super big. Fair enough.

This time, it’s a recognized movement, going to be well funded, active, and more volunteers than the nation has ever seen. OFA will be seen as amateur hour. Unlike Obama, many of those people will remain active post election too. Other seats to take, advocacy, all that.

Positive, people powered politics. Vote for.

Now, rather than trade barbs with obviously bitter and selfish people, there is a lot of work to do. The primary task right now being to assemble all the election details and get indies registered Dem to vote in the closed primary States.

Oregon, BTW, allows this up to roughly 3 weeks pre-election, and it can be done online. Already have some done.

Back later kids. While we wait…

Here’s a fun link:

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/vocs/map.html#

We’ve known one another for a long time. You all know I’m just not taking any shit. Don’t have to, don’t want to, and the cause, the fight I’m for?

Untouchable basis. Go right ahead and sell the same shit that got here. I suspect it’s just not going to go as well as the big money is trying to position.

πŸ˜€

Andy Brown
    Participant

Bernie may have a new problem, whether to sign the June mandated affiliation form and alienate his hard cord indie base or not:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/19/politics/dnc-candidate-affirmation/index.html

I personally like to have him in the campaign, after all he’s got some great ideas that have become more mainstream since drumpf became dictator, but as is the case in many industries it is not the author or creator that succeeds but rather the innovator. He’s more valuable in the Senate IMO. Also, he totally pisses off the stupid fucking jerks that like drumpf. Too bad Bernie has alienated the blacks and most minorities. That’s why he can’t win. He’s too Northeast, too white and probably too old.

missing_kskd
    Participant

He actually did all of those things last time.

Registered, paid party dues, accepted and campaigned hard for Clinton, and is currently listed by the party as one of the Senate Democrats.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Fuck Bernie and fuck his supporters! You are why we have Trump.

And, are you going to go home with sand in your pussy and allow the worse of the two candidates to win again win Bernie fails?

Gonna take it to the convention again?? Seriously you sound like a brainwashed idiot. A shell of what you once were.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Hugs and kisses from your friend on the left.

;D

missing_kskd
    Participant

Also, pace your rage. Helps.

Activism. Could spend another decade talking, or one doing.

missing_kskd
    Participant

6 days, one nillion people volunteered.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.