Bernie Sanders is a Jew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

I just recently learned this fact. It won’t change my vote, as I will be voting for Bernie in the primary until further notice. I fully expect him to lose to Hillary, and I’m ready to support her in a heartbeat as a result. I’m curious if the fact that Bernie is a Jew if that will affect stuff. In a perfect world, it should have no effect. But we dont’t operate in a perfect world anymore. Regardless, Sanders has my support for now.

edselehr
    Participant

Remember, Joe Lieberman was on the ticket in ’00, and with Gore won the popular vote. I think that America is basically cool with a Jewish candidate and a Jewish president. Fringe whackos will light their hair on fire if he gets the nomination, but remember: the right *loves* Israel, and loves painting people as anti-Semetic when they oppose Israel in any way. Imagine if they opposed an actual Jew? 🙂

Andy Brown
    Participant

The conservative scum could and would go after a Jewish nominee if he was a progressive liberal democrat, and would claim that was the only reason.

Besides, the conservative embracement of Israel has nothing to do with the preservation of Judaism in the long run. It’s all about their belief in the second coming and the preservation of the land of Israel for that to happen. Of course, the second coming would mean the end of Judaism according to the writings that the bible thumpers believe so literally, so it’s a hollow support on both counts since not only does Judaism not believe in the second coming (since they don’t believe that the first coming occurred) but also should the Messiah arrive, and the Jews were on board with it, it would mean the end of Christianity as we know it.

Judaism puts the onus on every man, woman and child to live their life on Earth to always be ready and whether he would be a charismatic human like figure or a symbolic redemption from the evils of the world. Either way, the right wing bible thumpers would be out of business. Such a fantastic thought if you ask me. As Maimonides words echoed the Prophet Habbakuk, that though He may tarry, yet we do wait for Him each day.

In the practical political world, the right wing embracement of Israel is the biggest phony line of crap that has ever come down the pipe.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I didn’t know this. I don’t care.

Bernie has demonstrated very solid politics throughout his career.

Closest thing to the real deal we are gonna see.

I’m in. Go BERNIE!

Langston
    Participant

Breaking News: Ben Carson is a Seventh Day Adventist and the Pope is Catholic.

Amus
    Participant

In other news;

Mike Huckabee is a Dominionist Douchebag.

stevethedj
    Participant

So what. I would prefer a Jewish president, over the Muslim we have now.

edselehr
    Participant

It’s okay stevethedj, you don’t have to keep proving you’re an idiot. We already know.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I can’t tell whether the comment about Obama’s religion made earlier on this thread was meant to be taken literally or whether it was made sarcastically.

For those who really are in doubt about Obama’s religious affiliation, allow me to jog your memories:

• Rev. Jeremiah Wright
    • “God damn America!”
    Amus
    Participant

Worst Muslim Ever

Worst Muslim Ever

Worst Muslim Ever

And…
    Just for fun;
    Awesome!

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I had a picture to post, but since I don’t seem to know how, I’ll let it pass.

Amus
    Participant

I knew you’d like that “Awesome” picture!
    I was so thinking of you when I posted it!
    😉

1. Find a picture online.
    2. Copy the URL
    3. Press [IMG]
    4. Paste the URL into the dialog box.

skeptical
    Participant

Deane, here’s the picture you wanted up.

Vitalogy
    Participant

This is one of my favorites

Vitalogy
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.