Ben Carson pulls out, says he can see no path forward.

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Ben Carson pulls out, says he can see no path forward.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Amus
    Participant

I wonder why?

squinty

Langston
    Participant

Apparently Super Tuesday was a real eye opener for Mr. Carson.

Amus
    Participant

Vitalogy
    Participant

I assume he prayerfully considered this move.

Amus
    Participant

I’m pretty sure God told him to fuck off, and stop giving him a bad rap.

skeptical
    Participant

Yup. God is finally able to use his powers to get humans to do the right thing.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Being a willfully ignorant, conspiracy theorizing, bible thumping loon, is his regular gig. It’s not going to do itself. Time to get back on the pony, yo.

Besides, the pretending to be a serious candidate for the presidency while you grift credulous rubes out of their few remaining ducats is really a more of a hobby.

Broadway
    Participant
    paulwalker
    Participant

So Carson is not going to campaign anymore, but won’t drop out. What is he really trying to say?

I think he wants to keep Trump out. That is my read.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Ben Carson has two goals: Book sales and a spot on Faux News as an “analyst”.

edselehr
    Participant

Ben Carson is now out. He seems to make decisions as rapidly as he talks.

And then there were four.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Oh hell. He was a stiff like Romney, only worse. No way could he make it as Prez!

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

No comparison, at all.

Ben Carson is a shallow grifter. Demonstrably, he knew little about anything. His (fleeting) appeal during this GOP primary season can accurately be summed up thusly: He’s the (one) black candidate dumb Tea Party/bible thumping ignoramuses could happily support as he largely shared their ideology and allowed them to feel less racist than they actually are.

Mitt Romney was not dumb. He was not willfully ignorant. He did not subscribe to conspiracy theories. He relied upon intellect. He seemed ill at home attempting to pretend (and that’s all he was doing) to be the kind of “conservative” that loves a moron like Sarah Palin or Donald Trump.

I didn’t care for his policy ideas and did not vote for him, but at least he fucking HAD policy ideas. He was educated. He was intelligent. He was a functional adult. He lived in the real world. He didn’t rely upon Alex Jones and Shawn Hannity for advice. I could go on and on.

I’m sorry, but your Romney vitriol is misplaced. Look at what the GOP is running on today. Mitt Romney is JFK compared to any of these lunatics.

radiodork
    Spectator

I predict Carson will come out and endorse Trump. I’m guessing sometime this week.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Dunno about that, RD. What kind of surprises me, is how quickly Carson fell. And now even he is out of the race. Think Carson throw in with Cruz.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.