Axl Rose- new lead singer for AC/DC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    radiodork
    Spectator

It’s official Axl Rose will be the new lead singer for AC/DC. Not sure what to think of this. I was never a huge AC/DC fan but I grew up loving GNR. curious to see how this is going to turn out since Guns n roses will be performing at Coachlla next week.

radiodork
    Spectator
    Andy Brown
    Participant

“It’s official Axl Rose will be the new lead singer for AC/DC.”

That is an overstatement. Rose has agreed to contribute vocals on the rest of the 2016 tour due to Brian Johnson’s hearing issue.

In addition, Rose is such an arrogant asshole with anger issues and won’t fit in with the more mature folks from AC/DC whose legacy goes back to 1973. AC/DC put out three times as many studio albums and has had basically the same lineup for the last 35 years until age and illness started catching up with them. On the other hand, Guns n Roses has had a plethora (that word means an excessive amount, dork) of band members and none of them sans Rose have been able to stick with the band (read that stick with Rose) for their entire existence.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Rose fucks up their reputation before tour’s end if not plain getting into a row with one of the band.

Rose and Vince Neil should get together and form a duo and call it Mean n Angry.

Brianl
    Participant

AC/DC’s core has been together forever. Malcolm and Angus, of course founded the band, and other than a brief hiatus, Phil Rudd has been on the drums. Same with Cliff Williams, who has been with the group since 1977.

The turnover, especially for a rock band, has been super low. And other than toning it down a bit over the years, the style has stayed the same.

All, Slash, Duff, Dizzy and Steve/Matt was a dream lineup, but Axl’s antics and control issues, combined with his general douchebaggery, ruined what was a fantastic group.

I hope this works, at least through the tour. All certainly will bring more energy than Brian Johnson. But it could well blow up.

radiodork
    Spectator

First week of coachella.

Brianl
    Participant

Omg. My all-time favorite AC/DC song, and Angus with the GnR reunion.

I just got aroused.

Thanks, Radiodork!!

radiodork
    Spectator

Hey Brian I was thinking the exact same thing. Two of my favorite acdc songs “whole lotta rosie” and Riff Raff were played.A bunch of legends on the stage, I can’t imagine any other act at coachella could top this.

radiodork
    Spectator

Vitalogy
    Participant

Andy, you and Deane can form a duo named Gumpy and Grumpier.

I’ve been critical of Axl in the past and have let that be known as a fan of GNR. However, if you’re an AC/DC fan who had tickets for the remaining shows, I’d be stoked! You just went from the possibility of a cancelled show to Axl filling in.

And yes, I’m going to GNR at Centurylink field and can’t wait! And I’m not going to see Axl. I’m going to see Slash!! GNR is one of my all time favorites and wouldn’t miss it for the world.

I also have to wonder what has changed with Axl recently that he’s made up with GNR and got the gig with AC/DC? From many reviews I’ve read, GNR sounds good.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“Andy, you and Deane can form a duo named Gumpy and Grumpier.”

Funny how you seem to thrive on turning opinions that do not directly mention or attack you into a personal attack on someone else. Seems to me your immaturity often drowns out your judgement on some matters. Especially when you know full well that:

1. Axl Rose has anger issues, beats his women, etc.
    2. Guns n Roses was quite medicinal and sedated at Coachella (read the reviews) and played their hits, Axl sat for the performance and couldn’t hit his old notes. If it wasn’t for Slash, a great guitarist (Jewish in fact) that made the same old songs sound fresh, there wouldn’t be much excitement that they even bothered to get together.
    3. AC/DC was already booked into and had begun a tour. I’m sure they would have found someone less incendiary to fill in if they had the time.
    4. This “reunion” of GnR is about money. Nothing more. They are only out to exploit folks like you.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-guns-n-roses-coachella-axl-rose-20160417-story.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lewis-fisher/why-the-guns-n-roses-reunion_b_9110670.html

Vitalogy
    Participant

His voice was consistently strong, and the rest of the band sounded amazing. Hopefully this won’t sound like too much of a knock against the members of the recent GNR lineups – we had a blast at every show we saw in support of Chinese Democracy – but having Slash and Duff back makes a huge difference, it just can’t be denied.

So, to sum up, this was an excellent concert. Everybody sounds great individually and collectively, and if this concert represents the kind of show Guns N’ Roses will be delivering at football stadiums across the country this summer, you’d be wise to attend. If you don’t believe us, check out the video below.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-las-vegas-review/?trackback=tsmclip

GUNS N’ ROSES Felt Like GUNS N’ ROSES Again At First Official Comeback Concert

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/review-guns-n-roses-felt-like-guns-n-roses-again-at-first-official-comeback-concert/#RYDMVwAMWFATSCWF.99

Billboard reports GNR will bank $3m per show during a forthcoming North American stadium tour, which stands to challenge the era’s reunion tour gold standard of the Police, whose 2007-08 revival netted $362m from 151 dates. The sheer numbers at play are enough to prompt cash-grab skepticism from even the group’s most optimistic fans.

But Friday’s opener showcased a band with hits to burn, capable of transcending, at least for now, their most combustible tendencies.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/apr/09/guns-n-roses-reunion-concert-review-las-vegas-paradise-city

radiodork
    Spectator

Guns N Roses did NOT just play their hits. Infact I was quite pleasantly surprised at the song selections, which included COMA and Estranged, and Double Talkin jive. Axl Rose may be a cocky doushebag and broke up one of the greatest rock bands of all time, but that doesn’t take away the fact that he was a brilliant songwriter, one hell of a singer and a beast on stage. Axl and Slash (in their prime) were a force to be reckoned with. Ive often wondered what Guns N roses could have accomplished if Axl Rose didn’t destroy the band.
    Anybody remember the Freddy Mercury Tribute Concert back in the early 90’s when Freddie Mercury passed? Here is one of my favorite GNR performances.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.