Axios of evil…and embarrassment

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bookemdono
    Participant

Democrats should be able save a ton of money coming up with clever campaign ads simply by playing snippets of trump’s interview with Jonathan Swan on Axios.

Can anyone watch this and say he’s remotely capable of being president?

Vitalogy
    Participant

Can’t stand to watch it, but I heard it was brutal. A total disaster!

semoochie
    Participant

Here is the entire interview, in pieces, by topic: https://www.businessinsider.com/axios-hbo-interview-donald-trump-jonathan-swan-full-video-highlights-2020-8 Click on the times.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by semoochie.
    bookemdono
    Participant

Some highlights:

He said of the COVID death toll: “it is what it is.”

Of Ghislaine Maxwell’s arrest for trafficking underage girls: “its no big deal.”

Of not going to pay his respects as John Lewis lie in state: “he didn’t come to my inauguration.”

On Black Lives Matter: “Black Lives Matter started off to me very badly because it was ‘pigs in a blanket, burn them like bacon’…I got off to a very bad start.”

On voting: “we have a new phenomenon. Its called mail in voting. The kinds of millions and millions of ballots. Not bigger. Massively bigger.”

paulwalker
    Participant

Just a hideous interview. Either the potus was on medication or he is mentally ill. Perhaps a combination of both? Sad thing thing is his base think he is still right on target and can do no wrong. Unbelievable.

edselehr
    Participant

On Black Lives Matter: “Black Lives Matter started off to me very badly because it was ‘pigs in a blanket, burn them like bacon’…I got off to a very bad start.”

Honestly, when was the last time people generally referred to the police as “pigs”? 1968? Trump is just pulling old tropes our of his memory (shit)hole.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

The dude has completely upended the Republican party. What happened to personal responsibility, content of character, fiscal responsibility, firmness against Russia, free trade, and pro legal immigration?

“How the Republican party became Donald Trump” is the name of the book by Stuart Stevens. He talks about how Republicans have betrayed the legacy of our country, in last night’s PBS Newshour.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Trump’s supporters are ignorant bigots or cynical millionaires.

semoochie
    Participant

In fairness, you don’t have to be a bigot to be ignorant.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.