Anyone hungry for a nothingburger?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Vitalogy 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

lastday
    Participant

Looks like that’s all we’re getting.

Herb
    Participant

That phony narrative was obvious two years ago.

Further proof of a corrupt inner circle at the FBI and DOJ.

edselehr
    Participant

Herb, should the FBI revisit and go after Hillary’s emails, along with any other corruption related to her?

lastday
    Participant

Trump and his minions have used every opportunity to discredit the investigation and everyone connected with it, especially Mueller himself. Sham, hoax, fraud, disgrace, witch hunt, etc.

But now that the report is complete and there are no new indictments, which suggests Trump himself is exonerated to some degree, is the report now suddenly credible?

How can a sham report turn credible overnight?

What if Mueller weighed all the potential outcomes, including the potential for violence by Trump’s most fervent supporters, and concluded that it was best for the country not to go there.

The investigation and subsequent report is either a sham, or not. It was a sham from the start, or it wasn’t.

If you got the outcome you wanted, how can it be a sham?

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

A “nothingburger”?

You mean you’re sending somebody for Burgerville takeaway for all of us?

mwdxer1
    Participant

Whatever the outcome, we all know that Washington is corrupt.Most of it is on the take from Big Business. The politicians are going to do what their sponcers tell them them to do.After all those corporations put those politicians in office. Are they going to go against that?

edselehr
    Participant

So, mwdxer1, you’re saying…what?

Andrew
    Participant

I am disappointed for my friends who seem to have assumed all along that Mueller was going to indict Trump or give the Congress damning evidence on which to base an impeachment. I never expected either – was just trying to be open-minded about Mueller’s investigation and not pin any hopes on it.

I do hope that Trump and his kids are properly investigated (perhaps starting with Mueller’s work) once he leaves office. It seems like a huge conflict of interest for the DOJ to be investigating Trump and his family, given that he is effectively in charge of them. Congress is the proper body to deal with this.
    Sadly, the Republican Senate does not seem interested in doing their Constitutional duty and being a check and balance on the executive branch. And it wouldn’t make sense for the Democratic House to bring an impeachment trial they can’t win in the Senate.

edselehr
    Participant

The Democratic tactic seems to be 1) demand the highest level of transparency about Trump’s deeds before and during his presidency, and 2) let him dig his own grave as he squirms in the light of day.

I think they’re on to something.

Andrew
    Participant

I think it may be better, politically, for Trump to prevent the release of the Mueller report. Then he’ll be seen to be hiding something. Of course, Democrats should keep demanding it be released. Trump can claim “no collusion” all he wants, but Democrats can just retort “how do we know? You’re hiding the report!”

But if released? Then Trump and Republicans can quibble over the facts – he said, she said.

Herb
    Participant

Edselehr, all most Americans want is a fair playing field.

If Hillary or any Republican committed malfeasance, then it’s only fair to review the evidence.

That said, we’re now seeing that corruption at the highest levels of the DOJ and FBI granted Hillary treatment unlike you or I might ever hope for. Her attorneys were allowed to dictate the terms of her investigation.

If you or I were questioned by the FBI about a home brewed server that allowed hostile powers access to secret government files, there would be no such privilege.

And while I’m all for full disclosure of the partisan Mueller investigation, I also realize that the left will strain at gnats with every jot or tittle.

But I’m fine with that. Why? Because I firmly believe the President will declassify pertinent documents and as a result, the left’s hair will be ablaze.

Declassify it ALL.

https://nypost.com/2016/10/18/how-hillarys-lawyers-ran-roughshod-over-the-fbi/

Andy Brown
    Participant

Clearly Herb, the fact that the current administration is the most corrupt bunch of goons to ever buy their way into office has escaped you.

If you think things are going to get better for them at this point only points to your extreme partisanship and lack of understanding of what the difference between factual evidence and a smoke screen is.

But, hey, we wouldn’t expect anything less from you. After all, you have embraced Nixon after almost all the facts about him have been made public. The shame is on you.

Herb
    Participant

Prove it, pal.

Your buddies had two years and a virtually unlimited budget to find collusion…and lost to Mr. Trump, yet again.

Even after the DOJ and FBI broke FISA laws and a hyper-partisan witchhunt, there’s no collusion. Even crooked FBI agents like Strozk admitted that fact early on.

So rather than focusing on making the lives of Americans better, the left has lost its collective mind with anger that will only promulgate more losing.

Watch public response as files are declassified and the whole sordid sham is exposed for all to see. Mr. Huber is teeing up the indictments now. And you thought wikileaks was bad for Hillary?

Democrats will never live this one down. With Spygate, you’ve just handed this President both (1) a reason to fight and win again. You’ve also given him (2) plenty of criminal activity to prosecute. And the NSA has it all.

Take a bow and thank yourselves another six years of President Trump

Andrew
    Participant

Spoken by the guy who still defends Nixon for having done nothing wrong during Watergate.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Herb bloviated: “Prove it, pal.”

I won’t have to, Herb. The United States attorney’s office in Manhattan (Southern District Of New York) will do it for me.

Herb, you are the biggest chump I’ve ever encountered on the internet although F&B gave you a good run for your money. Whenever drumpf exits the presidency, there will be a pair of handcuffs waiting for him. Do some reading.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/18/trump-new-york-mueller-investigation-1173346

http://fortune.com/2019/03/01/chris-christie-sdny-trump/

https://www.salon.com/2019/02/25/trump-concerned-probes-in-southern-district-of-new-york-could-land-him-in-legal-hellscape_partner/

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/cohen-hearing-2019/card/1551290380

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-08-26/southern-district-of-new-york-will-tear-into-trump-organization

Even the National Review, Herb.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/02/sdny-investigation-real-peril-for-trump/

Like I said, Mueller couldn’t look into the real crimes this administration has committed but the SDNY can and will. drumpf will not win a reelection because he will now be swamped in a continuing series of revelations that will shrink his base down to the fools like you.

I predict next week you’ll be posting about the bump drumpf will get in his approval poll, but the SDNY revelations will begin soon and before long he’ll be as unpopular as that other schmuck you like. Re-election? It’s never going to happen. People are finding out the tax bill was as big a lie as Nixon saying “I’m not a crook.” That was all drumpf really had to keep the base intact. Now the suburban soccer moms know he’s a fraud. Sorry, bud. He’s as done as a 12 minute New York steak.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.