Another Gay Victory–Financially Ruining a Granny

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Another Gay Victory–Financially Ruining a Granny

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    duxrule
    Participant

Dual post.

missing_kskd
    Participant

We don’t need the Klan, nor do we need the Church.

Vitalogy
    Participant

The only immoral behavior is that of granny and those who defend her.

When you run a public business, it’s the law to treat people equally. Not pick and choose who you want to serve.

So not only is she breaking the law, she’s being a shitty human being on top of it.

jerry1949
    Spectator

There’s a difference between a custom service and one that fits all.

I just hope they learn to be a litlle more sneaky about avoiding unconscionable business, because they’re dealing with some very vindictive gay pr*cks.

missing_kskd
    Participant

There is an unspoken alliance among people who discriminate like this:

I’ll tolerate your bigotry when you tolerate mine.

This can be very easily seen when people who don’t play that game get called intolerant.

Yes. We are intolerant. As we should be.

The targets of this discrimination need us to do that.

If people actually are reasonable, there is no need for these conflicts and laws.

Andy Brown
    Participant

F&B crepitated: “There’s a difference between a custom service and one that fits all.”

No, ace, there is not. You need to brush up on what it means to be in “business.” Clearly, you have no clue. But we all know that you don’t. The fact is, according to civil rights and business law experts, when business owners hang up open signs, whether literally or figuratively, they have a responsibility to treat all customers equally under the law. Those signs you see that say “We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason” are in reality meaningless. Refusal of service would only be warranted where the customer’s presence would somehow be distracting to the wellbeing, to the safety, to the welfare of the other people in the business and the business itself. They can’t arbitrarily refuse service to some because they don’t like the way that they look, what color their skin is, whom they choose to cohabit with, their religion or their sex. So a Cat Hospital can refuse to accept a canine patient because clearly that would be counter to the well being of both the staff that is not prepared to help one and the other patients in the clinic. On the other hand, they can’t refuse to serve you when you bring a cat in because you’re a right wing hypocrite bible thumping jerk.

bookemdono
    Participant

WWJC?

Who wouldn’t Jesus cater?

jerry1949
    Spectator

More cool stuff about the Gay Gestapo:

Homosexual activists, called the “Gay Gestapo” by lesbian Tammy Bruce, are busily suing or harassing every Christian business owner and wedding vendor they can find. So far they have gone after wedding photographers, bakers, florists, wedding chapel operators, counselors and now even wedding planners.

Lana Rusev, who runs Simply Elegant Wedding Planning in Jacksonville, Florida, turned down a lesbian ceremony because of her deeply held conviction that marriage is exclusively a one-man, one-woman institution.

Rusev’s family fled Ukraine 26 years ago just to find freedom from this kind of anti-Christian hatred and oppression. Welcome to the land of the free, eh?

For taking a stand on biblical principle, she has been blistered, demonized and vilified on her company’s Facebook page, and her business has been added to the LBGT no-go-zone directory.

Mean-spirited and bigoted members of what Bill Maher calls the “gay mafia” won’t rest until every Christian who supports natural marriage is under virtual house arrest, exiled from polite society and forbidden to engage in commerce of any kind.

Your church may be next. Do not think for one minute that the First Amendment all by itself will guarantee your church’s protection from rabid gay activists and their minions in the court system. The courts have already shredded the First Amendment virtually beyond recognition, and as far as protecting your church’s religious liberty, it may be hardly worth the parchment it’s printed on.

A church in Lakewood, Colorado, is under fire from the gay lobby for canceling a funeral for a lesbian when her family insisted on including in the service pictures of her kissing her lesbian lover. The family is considering a lawsuit against the church, and given the predilection of the courts and its “Gay Rights Uber Alles” mindset, we can expect such a lawsuit to find a sympathetic ear.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/bryan-fischer/2015/01/22/protecting-your-church-from-the-gay-gestapo#.VO5Gdyy1Qxg

This is not about hurt feelings over being turned away. There is and will be a concerted effort to force the issue and force Christians to violate their consciences or go out of business, the same as what was done with contraception.

If I owned a bakery I would refuse to put figures on the top of a cake. I’d tell the straight couples that I’m sorry I can’t do it because otherwise I would also be forced to make a statement against my own beliefs that two people of the same sex can be united in Holy Matrimony, which is impossible and an offense to God.

bookemdono
    Participant

There are many biblical principles that are no longer an acceptable norm in contemporary society. We’re at a time when the battle for gay rights resembles civil rights of the 60’s. In 20 years when gay marriage is widely accepted in society, the instances like the florist discriminating against the couple getting married (and paying the price for it) it will be viewed as the little battles that helped to win the war.

jerry1949
    Spectator

Christians will always see that marriage is between one man and one woman. It’s not a civil rights issue.

You’re free to believe what you want and so should the Christian be able and should be able to follow his or her religion.

I predict there will eventually be a legal remedy to this such as some kind of “conscience clause,” or otherwise gay activists will continue this rampage and destroy every Christian business and organization they can.

(They’re such a petty and meanspirited lot).

bookemdono
    Participant

Thankfully laws in this country aren’t dictated by the bible. In the near future gay marriage will be implemented by laws making it an acceptable institution in this country and those who choose to violate the law by choosing to discriminate based on their religious beliefs rather than abiding by the rule of law will continue to pay the consequences.

duxrule
    Participant

“Christians will always see that marriage is between one man and one woman. It’s not a civil rights issue.”

Painting with a pretty broad brush, aren’t you? Do you get paid to be the spokesperson for “Christians”? Do you have a business card? There are LOTS of “Christians” that have a view on this that is 180 degrees out from what you claim

edselehr
    Participant

“Christians will always see that marriage is between one man and one woman. It’s not a civil rights issue.”

<snicker> You wanna place bets on that? Christians are usually kicking and screaming when brought into contemporary culture, but they do eventually get there. And then they adjust their dogma as if they were there all along.

Remember when Christians were absolutely, steadfastly against interracial marriage? You don’t? It was only about 100 years ago. Well, the reason you don’t remember is because the faith and church has evolved on the issue, and now Christians treat interracial marriage as a non-issue, just like you will treat gay marriage fairly soon. Look at the speed in which the issue has evolved with the rest of society. Heck, look at the Pope. That the Roman Catholic Church would choose Francis says a lot about the evolutionary surge the Church is likely to experience in the next couple decades.

F&B, I really think all it’s going to take is for your generation to die off. The next generation of Christians will embrace people of all sexual orientations, and then this will also become a non-issue within the church. So keep tilting at your windmills, but understand that your child or grandchild will not be quite the intolerant Christian that you are.

jerry1949
    Spectator

We have a laws that allow us to have freedom of religion. If I can’t practice my religion and am not free to practice it when I do business, then I don’t have freedom of religion. That needs to be fixed.

Andy Brown
    Participant

F&B bloviated “We have a laws that allow us to have freedom of religion. If I can’t practice my religion and am not free to practice it when I do business, then I don’t have freedom of religion. That needs to be fixed.”

Total bullshit. We have no laws that allow you to practice your religion in a business in such a way as it discriminates on anyone. A business is not a church. You, as usual, would be hard pressed to actually debate the opinion you have mistakenly shared with us, most all of whom recognize you as ill equipped in understanding what is law, what is business, and what is a religious institution and mainly what it means to be able to practice your religion. Again, practicing religion does not include running a business the way you want. Period.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.