an anniversary of note

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    murdock
    Participant

Today (Tuesday 12-1) is John Erickson’s 30th anniversary at K103. John had come to Portland’s KGW in the mid-70’s and after stops in Seattle and Houston came home to Portland to be a part of a new AC station on FM. Consultant George Johns had already gotten KGW’s #1 morning guy Craig Walker for KKCW and the addition of Erickson in 1985 made the team complete. And stable. Craig stayed 20 years and I am proud to have been sitting on the other side of the studio glass for a third of those 30 years at K103. One of the very best, and I think he’s just getting warmed up. Congrats brother!

Dxer1969
    Participant

Such a shame that this received no replies. John Erickson. A newsman for 40 years. A new director! Craig walkers right hand man. Grats, John! Visited you at 62 back in 79. A class act you were.

semoochie
    Participant

He is certainly a class act and one of the best. I heard Stacey Lynn talking about the anniversary yesterday.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Yes. John told me, a 21 year old stranger,things he didn’t have to, but he did! Got me even more interested in the biz. The man was just honest and open. And I will always respect him for that!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.