AM 1360 KUIK now broadcasting xray

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio AM 1360 KUIK now broadcasting xray

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Alfredo_T
    Participant

Things have taken a turn for the worse, unfortunately. The audio levels on many of the programs at KUIK are now so low as to make them almost unlistenable. Is nobody monitoring what goes out over the air?

W7PAT
    Participant

KUIK has been off the air now for a few weeks, not sure why.

Borderblaster
    Participant

deleted

Alfredo_T
    Participant

As of Wednesday afternoon, KUIK mysteriously returned to the air. However, they were broadcasting a rerun of Democracy Now that was likely from some time in February. The program made reference to a pro-Trump march that was scheduled for March 4. I recall this same episode being broadcast shortly before the station went off the air.

m_wheeler1121
    Participant

KUIK-AM had been off the air since 3/31/2021. I was surprised to find it broadcasting again at 2:30 AM through 8:00 AM, 4/8/2021. The programming was as before, with old local interviews, old Bob Hope comedy shows from the 1940s, and a recent (but slightly old) Stephanie Miller talk show.

I found an article through a Bing search noting that the station had been sold, would have a new format, and would return in about a month. So, last night’s appearance was a surprise.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

What was the date of the article retrieved through the Bing search? The KUIK license transfer from Dolphin Broadcasting to Flying Ant, LLC occurred in 2018.

KUIK signed off on March 31, 2018 due to financial hardship. The license transfer to Flying Ant was granted on 12/14/2018. In my recollection, KUIK did not resume broadcasting until late February of 2019, in my recollection.

chessyduck
    Participant

KUIK remains embedded in my Hillsboro-anchored childhood memories. Yes, I grew up listening to Lance Mushaw announcing snowday closures.. The big 7am newscast was 15 minutes long.. Except for the times they ignored their pre-sunrise authority in wintertime you could tell when they jumped from 500 to 1000 watts. Honestly though, in those daytimer days I don’t believe KUIK was a big attraction for the locals.. Folks were content listening to KGW, KEX,etc. Heck, even the local barbershops I went to as a kid consistently played KWJJ on their sets…..

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.