African-Americans for Trump

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    edselehr
    Participant

Herb, let me introduce you to math.

What are the chances of drawing an ace of spades (or any particular card) randomly from a deck? I’ll tell you – about 2%. Does that mean you’ll *never* draw the ace of spades? – of course not. It also doesn’t mean if you do draw the ace of spades, that the statisticians who claimed that there was a 98% chance you wouldn’t were wrong.

Trump’s win was unlikely. But it happened, exactly as the statisticians predicted it *might*.

YOU alternately make me laugh, and shake my head. But mostly laugh.

Herb
    Spectator

Nice try, Edselehr.

As a group, the MSM all failed miserably with their inept predictions.

This speaks to multiple problems. One, that the MSM listens to each other as much as to voters. And two, when the MSM deigns to listen to the unwashed masses, those who voted for Mr. Trump either weren’t about to reveal their views to biased media outlets about whom they voted for, or they weren’t polled because they either didn’t fit the media narrative, or those voters weren’t considered relevant.

The 90+% Democrat voting journalist crowd got it wrong on all counts.

And it wasn’t an innocent mistake. It was push polling, which can have a corrosive effect on turnout. Only this time, it didn’t matter. That’s how tainted Hillary is.

After more than 1,000 seats nationally were lost by Democrats, the Democrats and their media acolytes should have gotten a clue. But they didn’t. Instead, they pushed forward, using push-polling in an effort to sway the vote to their candidate.

This isn’t so unlikely, now that we see how willing various media outlets were to run interference on the phony Russia Spygate narrative. Don’t worry, it’s all coming out now for those who wish to truly see transparency in how Democrats spied on a private citizen in their attempt to first throw an election, then after that attempt failed, to cover it all up. This makes Watergate look like a tea party.

Such biased media groupthink is what voters so dislike about the beltway pundits who so disdain those outside their elitist bubble.

Continue to discount this President at your own expense.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

IF I interpret the Gallup Poll correctly, independents are becoming Repubs:
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/242906/republican-party-favorability-highest-seven-years.aspx
    Returning to the topic, Repubs have doubled support among the various Negro communities. Something about leaving the plantation:
    https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/406730-the-black-communitys-9-11-and-pearl-harbor
    Demo increasing dependence on Latino and Hispanic communities makes sense. There are more browns than blacks.

edselehr
    Participant

As a group, the MSM all failed miserably with their inept predictions.

I think pretty much all major (and many minor) media outlets put the odds in favor of a Hillary win – including Fox. And again, a high probability of one outcome does not exclude chance of the opposite outcome. I really think you have no idea how statistics and probabilities work.

…the MSM listens to each other as much as to voters.

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with that.

…those who voted for Mr. Trump either weren’t about to reveal their views to biased media outlets about whom they voted for…

So if the people being polled weren’t being honest with their voting preferences, it’s the media’s fault if their predictions were off? That shoots down your theory right there.

, or they weren’t polled because they either didn’t fit the media narrative, or those voters weren’t considered relevant.

What does “fit the media narrative” mean? As for “relevant voters”, I think that the pollsters did a bad job of extrapolating likely v. unlikely voters from prior elections, and this may have skewed their results. But as I said before, giving Hillary a 90%, or 70%, or whatever % advantage to win doesn’t preclude a Trump win. She WAS more likely to win. Main point of evidence: the approx. 3 million vote advantage in the popular vote.

Hillary was popular enough (still is), and all odds pointed to her winning. She made some mistakes, Trump’s got lucky, Russian influence put a thumb on the scale, and viola! – Preznit Trump!

The 90+% Democrat voting journalist crowd got it wrong on all counts.

Not on all counts. See “3 million popular vote” referenced above.

And it wasn’t an innocent mistake. It was push polling, which can have a corrosive effect on turnout. Only this time, it didn’t matter. That’s how tainted Hillary is.

Okay, let me get this straight: Polls were faked, Hillary poll numbers were inflated to make her seem the inevitable winner…but it all backfired because of her inherent dislikeability and the raw animal magnetism of Trump. Right?

So…the MSM *knew* she wasn’t polling as well as they reported…they tried to prop her up…they *knew* that Trump had more support than they would admit. That doesn’t sound very “lamestream” to me – that’s fiendishly diabolical! The MSM are like criminal masterminds! They KNOW the truth, and refuse to report it!

So…is the MSM stupid? Or are they smart, but inept?

Herb
    Spectator

“…Trump’s got lucky…”

There it is.

You still don’t get it.

It isn’t luck that he’s a billionaire.
    It isn’t luck that he beat 16 other primary opponents.
    It isn’t luck that he’s President.

Among Mr. Trump’s greatest strengths, along with appealing to a big swath of America, is the left’s breathtaking underestimate of him.

lastday
    Participant

It isn’t luck that he’s a billionaire.

Not entirely, no. A lot of lying, exaggeration, bullying, browbeating, backstabbing, scheming, stiffing of contractors and other business associates, bankruptcies, and legally dubious business deals went into that achievement. He’s quite a role model for young people in so many fabulous beautiful ways.

He’s proof that anyone can grow up to become president.

Correction: Anyone can become president, regardless of their demonstrated inability to function as an adult.

I leave it as a challenge for others to flesh out a full reply to Herb.

lastday
    Participant

Herb, I’m sorry but I gotta ask

How does it feel to you when your dear dotard leader is literally laughed at by the UN General Assembly? I mean, um, they laughed at the US, not with the US.

I don’t know about anyone else here but boy am I ever a proud American today!

edselehr
    Participant

If the odds are against Trump winning…and then he wins, that literally is defined as luck. It wasn’t purely luck – as I noted in my earlier post – but he did get lucky.

If that simple fact doesn’t make sense to you…then YOU still don’t get it.

But…no hard feelings, Herb. In fact, here’s a FREE grammar correction for you!

“…is the left’s breathtaking underestimation of him.”

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Herb, are you a pussy grabber? You support one.

Herb
    Spectator

Hey Chris, are you a baby killer?

You support one.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Classic Herb dodge.

edselehr
    Participant

Oh My God – Herb! Who’s killing babies? That’s a terrible crime! Seriously – who is killing “a very young child, especially one newly or recently born?” [Webster’s New World Dictionary, 24th Edition (2003)]

I don’t know of ANYONE that supports that! Do you?

semoochie
    Participant

I don’t know of anyone who actually “kills” babies but I know of one who destroys their lives by ripping them away from their parents!

Broadway
    Participant

Think Herb means fetus killers…protoplasm killers…pre-outside the womb killers 🙂

edselehr
    Participant

Well, then he needs to stop saying “baby killer”. That’s fake news.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.