Admit it: It's Trump vs Clinton

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

The media will continue to spin in order to win ratings, but any math major at this point can see with good certainty it’s going to be Trump vs Clinton for President.

The ugliness ahead will outdo anything we’ve seen to date, count on it.

skeptical
    Participant

So, VP slot guesses anyone?

Langston
    Participant

For the GOP I nominate Weird Al Yankovic.

edselehr
    Participant

Hillary’s VP: Bill (wouldn’t that be interesting…)

Trump’s VP: Ted Nugent

jr_tech
    Participant

Hillary’s VP: Bill (wouldn’t that be interesting…)

Would that be legal?

edselehr
    Participant

Good question, jr_tech.

I think the simple answer is yes. Bill Clinton (or any other ‘termed out” president) can later run and serve as vice president.

The 22nd Amendment says, “No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice”. In the above scenario, Bill Clinton would be running for Vice President, which is not restricted by the 22nd Amendment. If Hillary were to resign, die or be impeached then Bill would *ascend* to the Presidency and would serve out her term, but could not run for President again.

In either scenario, if (when) Hillary wins Bill will be in the White House again, at least as First Gentleman.

skeptical
    Participant

Based on this one decision alone, Clinton should be VP:

Dxer1969
    Participant

My guess. Republican side. Trump may choose Kasich. Definitely not Cruz. Or Rubio. Not even Carson. Or maybe the senator from Washington who endorsed him. Maybe him.

Brianl
    Participant

Senator from Washington who endorsed Trump? I would be absolutely stunned if Patty Murray or Maria Cantwell, both quite liberal, would endorse Trump.

Kasich might be a good choice, someone with some experience, moderate, and success.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Hillary: Julian Castro

Trump: Seriously, who the fuck knows? He’s a total idiot. The point can’t even be argued save by other stupid people.

I don’t see Kasich under any circumstances accepting a role in a Trump campaign. He’s basically the opposite of Trump in every regard, he’s been highly critical of the low-brow and anti-intellectual circus of dumb that has enveloped the GOP, and no doubt would still like to have a political future once Trump has finished losing the general and dragging the flaming remnants of the GOP brand through the gutter.

Tying your wagon to Trump is not likely to pay any positive dividends for anyone on the Republican side looking to be taken seriously at some point in the future.

Trump’s VP will likely be someone we’re not even thinking of/talking about. They’ll be a shallow, grasping, opportunistic douche and likely cast in the role to give some cover to Trump’s long, sordid, and on-going history of grotesque bigotry, racism, and misogyny. I.e. He’ll want someone that ticks off the minority box in some fashion so he and his credulous followers can say “See, we’re not ______, because _____ is the VP nominee”!

You know, like a Ben Carson. Every Republicans favorite ONE black friend.

Brianl
    Participant

So what you’re saying, Lurking, is that Sarah Palin will be Trump’s running mate.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Oh God!

Mister Ego and Mrs Word Salad…

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

I know you’re (mostly) joking, but I actually thought about that for half a moment.

I don’t consider it likely for a number (a big number) of reasons, not the least of which is I’m pretty certain even Donald Trump thinks she’s a babbling moron that would add little heft, gravitas, or (moderate) coverage for him or the campaign. There’s only room for one willfully ignorant, serial lying, hysterical, narcissistic, bigoted, dullard on this ticket, baby.

Someone truly without ethics or a moral compass would happily clamber aboard The Donald Train for their own self-aggrandizement; completely unconcerned with the larger (and deeply concerning) impact. You know, like your typical Tea Bag moron. Someone who only lives to create disorder, grid-lock, obfuscation, is actively disdainful of how our government is supposed to function (i.e. compromises, check and balances, etc.) and is really only interested in themselves. All while giving lip service, and nothing more, to the idea of a Constitutional Republic while in fact possessing authoritarian leanings.

There’s a good chunk of Donald’s fan club that would fully support a dictator-in-chief; so as long as he’s their kind of dictator.

Or, perhaps someone who’s so tarnished their reputation in more mainstream GOP circles (or what passes for it these days) that they see no real downside in going down in flames with Trump. I.e. They’ll personally make a lot of money out of the experience; after the campaign. (Et Tu Chris Christie?)

I don’t consider that lap band candidate a viable option for a lot of very good reasons, either. But, again, who the fuck knows? Donald Trump is an unpredictable loon.

He spent today warning CNN that there would be riots if he’s not the GOP nominee for whatever reason. No…Donald is not inciting violence at all! Why would you think that?

What-a-dildo.

Brianl
    Participant

I was totally tongue-in-cheek, but I wouldn’t put anything past The Donald.

He is full fucking bat shit. Ugh.

QPatrickEdwards
    Participant

Every time I hear Trump speak, I can’t help but think of how he would be a great wrestling “manager” for a WWE character.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.