Adele's new single "Hello" sets a vevo record with 27 million views

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Adele's new single "Hello" sets a vevo record with 27 million views

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    radiodork
    Spectator

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Adele’s first music video in four years smashed records at entertainment platform Vevo.com, delivering more than 27 million views in the first 24 hours after its release last week.

Vevo said on Monday that the British singer’s “Hello” video, which debuted exclusively on its site on Friday, dethroned Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” video, which was seen more than 20 million times in the first 24 hours after its release in May.

“Hello” is the first single from a new November album, “25,” to be released by Adele, who took a four-year break after her “21” hit album won six Grammy awards and sold more than 30 million copies worldwide.

Figures for early downloads of the heartfelt ballad are not expected to be available until next week, but music website Billboard.com said digital sales could also break records.

I actually like Adele a lot, She can actually sing(which is a rarity these days) With so much of this buble-gum teenyboper crap dominating the airwaves, its nice to have someone with actual substance and not a disposable teen pop artist.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I had the pleasure of watching Adele play at the Mission Theater, before she had achieved mainstream success in the USA. I think that admission was around $5.

http://www.386server.info/~alfredo/Adele/

radiodork
    Spectator

Nice!

duxrule
    Participant

It’s just me, but I find Adele’s manner of singing to be a lot of nicely-toned screaming at the top of her lungs. She actually does have a nice voice, if there’s a way she can figure out how to dump the Spinal Tap “up to 12” amplifiers.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

In 2011, Adele had laser microsurgery on a polyp that had developed on one of her vocal cords. I was left wondering whether her singing technique or cigarette smoking might have had something to do with the development of the polyp.

I am not a singing expert, but I have heard that style of R&B singing that Adele does (wherein the singer is trying to create a deep, powerful sound) can easily strain the vocal cords.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.