A Story for Those in the Same Boat

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

On this, my 68th birthday, I would like to share something with you: Two days ago, I was at my sister’s house, attempting to water her yard. I connected a hose to the outside water supply and tossed the hose over a four and a half foot wall to the side yard. I then walked back into the garage and around to the side yard and extended the hose to the end of the property. I went back into the garage and into the backyard to turn on the water. My sister had warned me that if I closed the garage door, it would lock, so I was careful to rest it against the latch. It locked anyway and I was trapped in the back yard with two options, walk directly through blackberry bushes or scale the wall. I chose the latter and pulled myself straight up the wall. I’m not particularly athletic, nor am I 15, so I was somewhat impressed that I was able to complete the task but there were complications. I was wearing slippers and felt one of them begin to slide off of my foot but was able to raise my foot and stop the slide. At about this time, my other leg got creative but I was able to withstand the pain and make it to the top of the wall, still wearing both shoes and none the worse for wear.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant
    paulwalker
    Participant

I’m several years before you but, yes, most of us in their 60’s need to take more precautions on stuff we used to be able to handle easily. It will catch up with you if you don’t.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

I thought it was going to turn into a Humpty Dumpty moment.😄 Happy B-Day Semooch! And, i hope you remembered to turn off the water.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

OK, boomer.

(Sorry! Couldn’t resist! :biggrin:)

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Happy birthday, Sem…

semoochie
    Participant

Thanks Chris, that’s adorable! Still, he had something to hold on to. 🙂

lastday
    Participant

I’ll turn 69 in a few months. There are so many physical things I can’t do any more. It makes me feel pathetic. But I keep moving forward which is pretty much all we can do as we age. I’m like 16 in my head but my body tells me far otherwise.

smorisch
    Participant

Happy belated birthday. I’m glad you completed your mission, somewhat unscathed 🙂 Great story, thank you for sharing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.