A Question for Dan…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    civil_discourse
    Participant

Hello Dan,

I’ve been here before. And I expect I won’t be here very long considering the small make-up of the present board and that the majority oppose the expression of a diversity of opinions and that you seem to let the majority have their way.

At any rate, I note that when I signed up I agreed to engage in “civil discourse,” and I always strove to live up to that agreement in spite of the fact that those who opposed my posts did not.

Although banned, I still read this board and it was fun to see Deane return. He he is very astute and witty, but then someone had the nerve to call him an “asshole” for expressing his beliefs.

And that reminded me that I have been on the receiving end of many, probably hundreds of comments like that (and much worse) from several members of your board, and those who dished them out suffered no repercussions for their very UNcivil discourse and abusiveness.

So my question is why do you allow some posters get away with the most horrible personal attacks? Further, why is it those who are on the receiving end of those attacks and abusiveness the ones who are most likely to be banned?

It doesn’t make much sense to me, and it doesn’t make for an interesting board if the bullies and the abusers are the ones who are allowed to dominate.

I’ve posted some examples below. There are PLENTY more where those came from. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I would really appreciate if you would share you reasoning as to why you tolerate posts like these yet ban conservative posters at the drop of a hat.

Thank you for allowing me to post during the run up to the Trump election. That was an exciting time. But I’m very disappointed you pulled the plug on me…for what? I don’t have a clue, except that I know at least one of your regulars has an irrational personal vendetta against me.

Vitalogy
    Participant

The real question is why YOU keep coming back?

civil_discourse
    Participant

Because I’m an idealist and I don’t think bullies should win.

civil_discourse
    Participant

Clearly bacon is a partisan asswipe of the lowest esteem. Yep, ol’ Vern in southern Oregon, chewing his cud and aiming for the spittoon half the time and jacking off all over his keyboard the other half. You all remember what a pariah Vern has been over the years, his lack of credibility and lack of credentials, his faux Christian Catholic bullshit which he threw under the bus when he voted for drumpf and his inability to answer the simplest of all questions on numerous occasions.
    —————————————————
    Vern is a right wing loser. He can no longer claim any moral high ground as a bible thumping anti-freedom faux cares about the unborn anymore when he supported drumpf.
    How does it feel now, Vern, as drumpf’s presidency goes swirling down the drain and all your sick and twisted hopes and dreams along with it. You deserve it, ace.
    You are the quintessential hypocrite, Vern. No doubt about it.
    ———————————————————
    Pathetic loser that you are, I really hope you continue this spiral down into offensiveness because it will enable the board members to have you thrown out of here for the 8th time. Keep it up, asshole.
    ——————————————————-
    Serious question: Why at this point are the only remaining drumpf supporters (not drumpf tolerators) all stupid assholes like bacon?
    ——————————————————-
    bacon you stupid fucking moron, the appeals court decision is not ‘judicial activism.’ You need to go back to fucking high school civics you asshole.
    ———————————————————
    You are not a good Christian, you are not a good Catholic, you are not a good conservative. You are a drumpfocyte. Slimier then pond scum and about half that bright. A single cell organism has more sense then you do.
    ———————————————————–
    dork, go back into your hole like the rodent you are.
    ———————————————————–
    bacon, asshole that he is, is waiting for the talking points to be released so he can copy and paste them here. Clearly by now, Alfredo, you realize that bacon (and dork for that matter) are not intelligent enough to answer these kinds of questions on their own.
    ——————————————————–

civil_discourse
    Participant

And for your own sake (if you like vending your worthless garbage on this board), start posting like an adult. Oh, that’s right, you aren’t an adult. Have you ever held down a job? Did you graduate from High School? Next to you even bacon comes off as a scholar.
    ——————————————————-
    It’s amazing, truly amazing how fucking stupid dork is and how ignorant bacon is.

Clearly real facts don’t seem to matter to either one of these buffoons. Not to mention their lack of penchant for analyzing data.

Both you guys are a disgrace to anyone with even an average intellect.

Clinton has enough electoral votes to squash drumpf. All this last minute GOP driven fake scandals play good in the media but nothing has really changed.
    ———————————————————–
    The best part is that Bacon and dorque will have to retool their message. But for the immediate moment I agree with LG in saying to Bacon to go fuck himself. The posts of a losing troll are not pretty.
    ——————————————————–
    I do feel sorry for you, Vern. Had you simply planned to vote for drumpf and kept away from discussing it with a bunch of folks who are all smarter then you, more deft at political analysis then you, more understanding of probability and chance then you, more studied at history and political science then you and certainly more open minded then you, you wouldn’t have to keep defending drumpf’s slow and steady fall to the bottom.
    ———————————————————–
    Fact is Broadway, you are incapable of any cogent response so you throw out some biblical verse you think addresses or answers the topic/question. You are a fool in addition to being “stupid.”
    ——————————————————–
    Yes, it’s a lot closer then say for example how badly drumpf is going to lose, but in light of the fact that you never understood physics and especially mechanics, the momentum of Clinton’s huge upcoming victory coupled with the fact that there are way more seats up for reelection on the GOP side makes your pipe dream all the more ludicrous.
    ———————————————————
    As to the states you mentioned, that is a total pipe dream. He will never win Florida because of its Hispanic and Cuban voters. Virginia is a swing state and there is no convincing argument that a reckless turd like Trump can win there since many, smarter, more likable Republicans have lost there. Ohio is largely a union state and Trump lost there in the primaries. Ohio Republicans are not going to support him and probably won’t even vote for President at all. Wisconsin went for Cruz. ‘Nuff said. Gosh, F&B, you seem to have lost your edge. You appear to be more consumed by arbitrary partisanship then ever before. It doesn’t take much analysis to see your “opinions” on how the general will play out seem more stupid and uninformed then ever before.
    ———————————————————
    Democratic Party remains way ahead in every Electoral College vote analysis by all the analytical organizations that are in that game and it still looks like Hillary will win in a landslide.
    ———————————————————
    You two buffoons are going to be eating some heavy crow come November.
    ———————————————————
    Also, while I have your attention, Chris was exactly spot on in his post. You are a scumbag deluxe with no redeeming qualities. You’re just a lousy human being without the intelligence to understand what a drumpf presidency would do to the country but fear not, it’s not going to happen. Ever.
    ——————————————————

I was unable to post the links which will be delivered upon request.

civil_discourse
    Participant

It wasn’t that long ago, Dan, that Vitalogy called Herb a “fuckface.” How disgusting and demeaning. Is that “civil discourse”? Why would you allow that? How would you like it if someone called YOU that? I bet you would ban them and I wouldn’t blame you. He was also called an “asshole” by someone else. I can’t remember who at this time, but one thing I do know is that you won’t find Herb being abusive or bullying or heckling others. And speaking of heckling, Herb makes meaningful posts, answers questions in good faith directed at him, yet does not receive the courtesy of a legitimate response and is instead heckled about Nixon, regardless of what he posts.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“I still read this board and it was fun to see Deane return.”

Deane doesn’t need your aberrant help. He is not a misguided misanthropic belligerent asswipe like you. He doesn’t strive to make every thread about himself and his views like you do. You can publicly plea to Dan and cry foul all you want. Dan knows who you are and how you disrespect his decisions on your presence being ultimately counter productive to discussions on this forum.

So fuck off.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 22 hours ago by Andy Brown.
    Andy Brown
    Participant

And yes, you do need to go back to high school and study civics. Maybe you’ll get it this time.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“Because I’m an idealist and I don’t think bullies should win.”

drumpf is a bully and you support him without question.

Resolve that, ace. You’re a hypocrite.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

As I recall, the plug was pulled after posting a bloody fetus picture. But maybe that wasn’t the last time.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

If Winco/Cub Foods are open 24 hours, why do they have locks on the doors?

Broadway
    Participant

Because they they are closed on Christmas Day.

paulwalker
    Participant

“If Winco/Cub Foods are open 24 hours, why do they have locks on the doors?”

Hey nosignal, I think I get your thought here. And it has nothing to do with Christmas. It is a metaphor for open thought within certain constraints that go over the top with most humans. I like the analogy, actually. And I bet my former highschool classmate, Dan, understands it completely.

semoochie
    Participant

It seems to me that “Heidi’s” didn’t need locks because it didn’t have any doors!

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Actually paulwalker, it was just a question to make it appear that there was something of marginal substance in this thread, there is no metaphor or analogy except in your own mind. Please don’t overanalyze it. I don’t do that “in-between-the-lines” bullshit; that’s my mom’s thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.