A progressive experiment

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Broadway
    Participant

>>GOP members in local state politics are trying their hardest to keep left leaning voters from getting to the polls

https://www.prageru.com/video/the-myth-of-voter-suppression/

Broadway
    Participant

>> GOP members in local state politics are trying their hardest to keep left leaning voters from getting to the polls

Broadway
    Participant

GOP members in local state politics are trying their hardest to keep left leaning voters from getting to the polls

missing_kskd
    Participant

That’s the longer pitch. Regardless of your position on all these things, here we’ve got a solid progressive swinging the bat in a purple district. We are going to get good data from this race.

Andrew
    Participant

Bernie Sanders doesn’t share my values. I think I’ll sit out the general election if he is the nominee – and send a message to the Democratic party to find a candidate who does represent my values! If the Democrats lose in 2020 against Trump, it will be Sanders’s fault, not mine – he wouldn’t have earned my vote.

semoochie
    Participant

If Trump wins in 2020, you can probably say goodbye to this country, as we know it! He’s already said in his rallies that democrats aren’t really people! All he has to do is convince some of his passionate followers and they’ll begin killing us in droves, at which point, Trump will say it isn’t his fault and will take steps to protect us(along the line of protecting Japanese Americans during World War II)by making it illegal to be a democrat! Since the republicans in congress won’t lift a finger to stop this, his next step will be to unravel the US Constitution and take away the rights of anyone who isn’t rich! It will then be too late for the republicans to stop him! At this point, to save money, he would end all social programs and by that, I mean not only Social Security and Medicare, but roads! All during this time he will continue to replace lower court judges with republicans and eventually just replace them with flat out, criminals, if he hasn’t already! Four more years of that could seriously mess up this country for about 40 years, if we do live through Trump! Now, I know this sounds far fetched but given the situation(As soon as he gets out of office, he’ll be facing charges on everything from tax fraud to bank fraud to racketeering to money laundering to various conspiracies to rape, and more just keeps coming out! Then, there are the probably thousands of civil trials that will get him for libel and slander, some from people who aren’t even public figures! He just decided to malign them anyway. He doesn’t care about anyone except himself and what will make him richer and more powerful, so in his mind, it makes sense to super-serve the ultra rich and ignore everyone else.) and given his previous behavior, do you really think he’s above all this, if he should happen to think of it?

missing_kskd
    Participant

Bernie Sanders doesn’t share my values. I think I’ll sit out the general election if he is the nominee

No worries. I totally get your fuck the poors values. Be out and proud!

😀

Andrew
    Participant

Apparently you haven’t picked up yet that I’ve been paraphrasing all of your old arguments about why you won’t vote for Biden etc. and just re-phrasing them with Sanders’s name instead.

missing_kskd
    Participant

When you want to have a real conversation…

Andrew
    Participant

Dude, we’ve had the same conversation over and over and over again. It’s gotten pretty dull. Sorry, I just can’t take it seriously anymore.

paulwalker
    Participant

Hey Missing and Andrew…didn’t you use to be friends on here? Oh well. Happy New Year and Happy New Decade. Things can only get better.

Andrew
    Participant

Who said we weren’t friends now?

paulwalker
    Participant

frenemys?

missing_kskd
    Participant

I am fine with the pointed banter. All good here. Seriously.

I can include more smilies!

Here is the way I see it:

The conversation is difficult. We are in difficult times. Not all the politics can be, or will be nice.

That is OK.

I know and trust you all here. Decades now. I do not set that aside easily.

Fact is, the party leadership lost me. Far too many are increasingly poorly served by a party supposedly about doing that. The other hard fact is enough people are really done to be a problem.

I think they have solid standing too. Flat out, they get to protest hard.

There is not a damn thing any of us can do about that too.

So, I’m in. They are not wrong.

We all will absolutely face it all too. Buckle up for 2020.

No matter what any of us may feel about it all right now, fact is these are some of the best politics we are going to see!

Stuff is going to happen. Could be really good, or really bad.

It won’t be the usual we are used to seeing. Those times are gone.

None of us are bad people. We may be set in our ways, out of touch, etc… and we may genuinely believe we have it right.

Again, I am tossing in with the younger people. They are the future. The politics we saw for these decades are not.

It takes an awful lot to get under my skin. You all know that. Nothing has changed on my side of things. Would buy beer anytime.

missing_kskd
    Participant

With that said?

This Bernie movement? Oh fuck yeah. Now is my time. Anyone who read me seriously at all knows it.

Progressive politics are rising. Great! You bet your ass I will do my part on that. No regrets.

This does not come around every day. Open, overt challenges to a long and New Deal toxic body politic?

Necessary. Gonna happen.

I am totally secure in all of that too. Mean it when fear, blame and shame are impotent. Useless. We did that for how many years now?

Got squat for it too.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.