A new Web station targeting terrestrial radio

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio A new Web station targeting terrestrial radio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johnf
    Participant

As you all know, it is very common for an established radio station to eventually add a Web stream. But in Wilsonville, the opposite is being attempted in a brand new venture. I thought some of you might be interested in a story that I wrote for Page 1 of the new August issue of the regional newspaper that I publish — Christian News Northwest.

Here is the link:

Birth of a station

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Yet another bible thumper QRM source.

Yawn.

Earth to Johnf: Check your weather plugin’s configuration. It’s probably going to be in the mid-40s (Fahrenheit) and raining all week somewhere in the world, but not here.

johnf
    Participant

Thanks… I appreciate you pointing out the problem with the weather plug and will see about getting that corrected.

Broadway
    Participant

I programmed an AM station in the mid-90’s to a vertically based groundbreaking “praise and worship” format that lasted around 7 years. It had marginal response although when the station changed their music focus in 2002 calls to the station rang off the hook. Worship in Christian Music is making a comeback as noted with Air1 and other online ventures…to launch a web based station to OTA affiliates…all it takes is money—fundraising—great programming and the Wilsonville group has that knowledge. It will be listener supported. Thanks John for the radio update!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.