A Great Day to Be an Oregonian

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    duxrule
    Participant

On this day, I could not be more proud of being an Native Oregonian, also having lived in Portland for more than a decade.

Glenn Beck Names Portland the Worst City in America

http://www.wweek.com/portland/blog-33600-glenn_beck_names_portland_the_worst_city_in_america.html

missing_kskd
    Participant

I think the best thing for Beck fans is to just move. Away.

🙂

duxrule
    Participant

But they simply won’t take the hint. Perhaps hearing it from one of their overlords will help to get things going.

missing_kskd
    Participant

They will probably just maximize their west side enclaves and call it good.

For some reason, they always crave feeling the rage, and having “the enemy and the sin” all around should do the trick nicely.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I was about to say that I’m waiting for the lightning bolts, but now I see that a thunderstorm is heading this way! :-0

Listener_Pete
    Participant

Did KEX cancel him?

paulwalker
    Participant

Glenn is still on the KEX website, so my guess is no.

Interesting to note that Glenn is a native Washingtonian, (I believe born in Snohomish Co., then moving to Skagit Co., perhaps that is why Portland and SF surpassed Seattle in his worst rankings).

Langston
    Participant

How ironic. All these years I have been avoiding Beck like the plague.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Some years ago, I recall studies showing Oregon and Washington as the “least churched” states in the country. Thus, by Beck’s logic, it is best to stay away from these two states altogether.

What I find a bit ironic is that in the past, I have heard viewpoints from Evangelicals that “unchurched” places are the best because they present more opportunities to spread the Word. I think that there is also an implicit sentiment that such places fulfill the paradigm that true believers are a persecuted people.

missing_kskd
    Participant

PDX represents raw fields chock full of potential believers.

The entire nation is one of these, and the result is a ton of religion.

And this is driving endless Christian nation claims too. So long as there is no State religion, there will be those who want to establish it.

They can’t just accept it either. The other competing religion might get it done and where would they be?

Amus
    Participant

Where would they be?

Madrassas!!

That’s where!

duxrule
    Participant

The Snoregonian had a piece this last weekend that I think tells a lot of the story for those of us who love and cherish living here.

Where the religious ‘nones’ roam: Does nature religion explain Pacific Northwest spirituality?

http://www.oregonlive.com/faith/2015/08/where_the_religious_nones_roam.html#incart_river

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.