9/11 is overrated

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

150,000 Americans murdered by guns since 9/11. Plus another 240,000 or so suicides by gun since 9/11.

We are unique in these stats by a long shot.

9/11 was a spectacular attack that killed slightly less than 3000 Americans. Yet a 9/11 occurs about every 6 weeks in the US.

But why do we sit by and do nothing about the daily gun violence that grinds out dead bodies on a daily basis with no relief?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dont-give-up-the-fight-to-reduce-us-gun-violence/2015/07/30/5c7b375e-36e8-11e5-9739-170df8af8eb9_story.html

It’s time the gun lobby takes a shot to the sack.

paulwalker
    Participant

I posted my new thread before I saw this. But you are correct, there is a general disconnect about this issue.

It frankly reminds me of how the media get into a tizzy about an airplane crash, (anywhere in the world), and simply ignores the fact that several hundreds die in car accidents every week, just in the US. Not the same thing exactly, but you get my gist.

Broadway
    Participant

>>another 240,000 or so suicides by gun since
    Well there is a whole lot more killing going on with the most innocent among us…like over 58 million since 1973..can’t forget them…sayin…

skeptical
    Participant

Once again you selfishly vomit all over this forum.

Listener_Pete
    Participant
    >>another 240,000 or so suicides by gun since
    Well there is a whole lot more killing going on with the most innocent among us…like over 58 million since 1973..can’t forget them…sayin…

Broadway,

How many abortions were there before the Roe v. Wade decision in 1973? How many women died or injured themselves so badlky they can’t have children anymore? Bitch and moan aout abortion all you want, however it’s not going to help anyone.

Broadway
    Participant

>>How many women died or injured themselves
    very little compared to 58M….
    >>it’s not going to help anyone.
    just standing up for life HERE! That’s it…
    >>150,000 Americans murdered
    you brought it up!

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Broadway, you never do yourself any favors when you hijack a thread and re-direct the convo back to your one issue only stance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.