9 people killed in church!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    missing_kskd
    Participant

Word.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I wonder at times whether there is more hate in the South or more hate on this forum. It’s all the same, just aimed different.

Amus
    Participant

I suppose you’re right.

But there is a difference between hate directed at bigotry and racially motivated hatred.

Wouldn’t you agree?

Vitalogy
    Participant

Most of the hate I see on this site is coming from the right wing religious nutjobs. Same with the south.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

“But there is a difference between hate directed at bigotry and racially motivated hatred.

Wouldn’t you agree?”

Well, I certainly have no use for racially motivated hatred. So far as bigotry is concerned, I think people have a right to feel however they want to, but they should keep there views to themselves. I certainly don’t encourage any form of bigotry, but I also have no use for attempts at thought control. To each his own so long as he doesn’t act on it in any form.

Amus
    Participant

How do you feel about the fact that South Carolina continues to celebrate its racist past?

(and to claim that the flying of the Confederate flag represents anything less than outright bigotry, you’re either being disingenuous, or willfully ignorant)

Do you think that South Carolina’s official sanctioning of a symbol of bigotry feeds into the hatred of Dylann Roof?

I would also point out that besides the Confederate Flag of South Carolina, Roof also displayed on his jacket the flags of Rhodesia and Apartheid South Africa.

South Carolina’s keeping some mighty fine company there!

Deane Johnson
    Participant

“Do you think that South Carolina’s official sanctioning of a symbol of bigotry feeds into the hatred of Dylann Roof?”

It probably does. So, it comes under my feelings that people should keep such thoughts to themselves. Collectively, they are not.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Why isn’t this considered a terrorist attack?

skeptical
    Participant

Niggerhead ranch owner Rick Perry, the former Texas Governor running for president, has apparently referred to nine black people being murdered by a racist right-wing terrorist as just an “accident.”

http://reverbpress.com/news/rick-perry-mass-killing-black-sc-church-accident-video/

Deane Johnson
    Participant

“Why isn’t this considered a terrorist attack?”

Everything is considered a terrorist attack anymore. If someone passes gas at a wedding reception, someone will call it a terrorist attack.

missing_kskd
    Participant

While I admit we do classify thInga as terror now, that we would have called differently pre 911, I suspect this event is terrifying to black people.

If I were black, and in the fucked up aouth, I know this thing would make me think hard.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Somebody should use a drone to burn that flag.

Heritage is code for, “still not over it”

skeptical
    Participant

KSKD sez: “Somebody should use a drone to burn that flag.”

Best use of a drone yet. People ought to show up en mass with their drones and shred it to pieces.

—-

On the other hand, it’ll open the door to drone warfare.

Amus
    Participant

A female survivor of the shooting had reportedly told Dot Scott, resident of the Charleston NAACP that the gunman told her he was letting her live to tell others what had happened.

Terrorism by its very definition;

the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yes. That is more than the usual go nuts, shoot, die scenario.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.