8.3 Estrella is gone

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mwdxer1 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mwdxer1
    Participant

I called KGW this morning to ask about 8.3 Estrella. KGW dropped it and put Qwest at 8.3. They may add another diginet down the road, but no plans for now.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Gee, they coulda put KGWZ on 8.4.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Well, I made the suggestion on their Facebook page and after thanking me, suggested I rescan, which did nothing. Ha.

washnotore
    Participant

Quest is now on Comcast 307.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I’ll be surprised if they leave 8.4 empty very long as that is valuable ad space. There are many diginets not available in Portland. The comment on Estrella not being what “fits” on there makes sense, as Justice & Qwest I can see “connected” type channels and Estrella being a Spanish Entertainment channel.

washnotore
    Participant

Here is one reason why KGW drop Spanish network Estrella TV.

Last year LBI Media/Liberman Broadcasting filed bankruptcy under the heavy debt burden of over $500 million. A reorganization plan sees the company reducing debt by more than half but a portion of ownership being handed to creditors. The stations and Estrella TV network are expected to continue to operate post-bankruptcy.

mwdxer1
    Participant

KGW never replaced Estrella with anything new either. Maybe they figured not have that 4th channel, pq would be better. KATU has 4, but only runs 720p too, while KGW is 1080i.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.