750 The Game

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Borderblaster 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

W7PAT
    Participant

A notice on Facebook this morning that former 102.9/750 The Game has changed to 750 The Game. Does anyone know why they removed 102.9?

Screamer
    Participant

I heard them talking on air the other day, asking which frequency to people listen to. I wonder if this is related.

warner
    Participant

Saw that also. I wonder if they’ll stop simulcasting on FM and use that for something else?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Please bring back KQSO and the Vegetable Man! 🙂

W7PAT
    Participant

Maybe they’ll put KUFO on FM. (Ha ha)

W7PAT
    Participant

I got my answer from Radioinsight:

Alpha Media Sports “750/102.9 The Game” KXTG Portland/K275CH Gresham OR has dropped all references to the FM signal as the company prepares to debut a new format on the translator. With the soon to close sale of 96.3 KWEE from 3 Horizons LLC to Way Media, this move could pave the way for Hip-Hop “We […] The post KXTG To Drop FM Simulcast appeared first on RadioInsight.

Another waste of an FM translator.

Joe
    Participant

My first thought was a new home for WE963PDX. I wonder what the primary will be. 970am?

Broadway
    Participant

They’ll have to feed from an HD2 channel?

W7PAT
    Participant

Most likely KINK-HD2 as it is now.

semoochie
    Participant

That’s an idea I hadn’t even considered. I still think they’ll move KXL back to AM instead.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

It would make sense that the R&B format would move to KINK HD-2 and be simulcast on 104.5. The current situation is that KINK HD-2 simulcasts with 750 and 104.5. As desirable as sports programming is from a demographic perspective, does Alpha really need the same programming on three different outlets?

chrisweiss
    Participant

Kinda hard to translate an HD2 that isn’t on the air. KINK HD has been off since July 23rd when tower work started on the Sylvan TV Repack. KXL, KUPL, KLTH, and KXJM have also all been displaced to auxiliary facilities until the new TV antenna is up and connected to transmission line.

Borderblaster
    Participant
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.