4200 joints to be lit up at 4:20 into Chumps address

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things 4200 joints to be lit up at 4:20 into Chumps address

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

DCMJ, an advocacy organization that helped pass the marijuana legalization law in D.C., plans to “smoke out” Donald Trump’s inauguration on Jan. 20 by passing out at least 4,200 marijuana cigarettes, or joints, near Dupont Circle. They then plan to march toward the National Mall and light up at exactly four minutes and 20 seconds into the president-elect’s speech, protesting both the new president and his pick for attorney general, Sen. Jeff Sessions.

In order to pull it off, the group turned its offices near Embassy Row into a hub of activity. Volunteers have spent weeks clustered around a large kitchen table, rolling thousands of joints.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/inauguration-2017/it-s-lit-legal-weed-advocates-roll-4-200-joints-n708191

What better way to protest than exercising your lawful rights?

paulwalker
    Participant

Interesting, but I don’t recall Trump mentioning this issue in his campaign. Under Obama, the feds have backed off from States that have legalized. With Trump? I believe the best statement was from a year or so ago when he said it should be determined by the States. If he holds to this, then there is one slim issue that I agree with him on.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Check out his AG nominee Jefferson Beauregard “Jeff” Sessions III. He is as anti-pot as they come.

And by the way, could you dream up a more southern white racist’s name better than Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III?

And then combine that with a picture of who he is.

paulwalker
    Participant

Well, Trump would still be his boss. And California legalizing is huge and any backtracking would be political suicide.

Andrew
    Participant

Other than Alaska, only blue states have legalized pot.

What “political suicide” would cracking down on recreational use of pot cause the Trump Administration? Clinton beat him by 30 points in California. I don’t think his administration will care too much what California voters think.

Vitalogy
    Participant

If Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III had his way, federal raids on anything MJ would start day one. He’s that serious, and he’s got god on his side too.

I’m really hoping he doesn’t make it as he’s one of the most concerning nominees of all.

paulwalker
    Participant

Andrew, mid-terms would be one, and even in States that have not legalized (either recreational or medical), the fact that most in the country don’t have a problem with this will likely prevent the Trump administration from acting on it. Pence? Another matter entirely.

Andrew
    Participant

Sorry, Paul, but I don’t share your faith that the new president will feel constrained by public opinion at all in doing whatever he feels he can get away with. I have no idea if he wants to start enforcing federal pot laws or not, but I really don’t see the big backlash you are imagining among people who don’t already oppose him.

duxrule
    Participant

According to the NBC story, Trump has said that weed should be handled state-by-state.

Langston
    Participant

I believe the PEETUS will often do whatever he thinks improves his image. That is why he is so dangerous to the GOP.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

California, among other states, will see the government in Federal Court over (potentially) a wide array of issues.

Sessions and Trump will be opening up a long, expensive, moronic, and utterly pointless can of worms should they choose to to relaunch a 1950’s era crusade against the horrors of the dreaded Mary Jane.

Andy Brown
    Participant

It’s back to the 18th century . . .

What’s interesting about this pic is that you can clearly see drumpf’s bald head under his comb over (click for larger version).

Seriously, with the cannabis movement so entrenched (medical in a majority (28) of states), it is unlikely that drumpf or the GOP are going to do much of anything without measuring the projected backlash in Red states.

Face it, the drumpf re-election campaign begins the day after tomorrow.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.