3ABN in Portland?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Broadway
    Participant

Did a rescan on my TV this morning…36 not strong enough to get into Salem even though I get all the 49’s, 42, 46? and a new 18…chan 12 translator.

rcrowley
    Participant

KEVE-LD 36 is pumping ~850W into a 4-bay slot antenna at the 600ft level of a tower on Sylvan Hill. That is the legal maximum power so coverage into Salem and similar distances are probably beyond the expected coverage area.

36.2 Better Health TV was added a couple weeks ago, and we almost have 36.3 (Hope Channel) and 36.4 (Esperanza TV) sorted out. They are on the air, but we need to do more work with the automation system to get the satellite signal to display full-screen (vs. “litter-box”) There are dozens and dozens of interactive configuration parameters to sort through to get it operating properly.

We also got a report that a viewer with an older set-top ATSC to NTSC converter box couldn’t hear the audio on 36.3 and 36.4 But we can’t confirm that with any of the ATSC receivers we have tried it with. I’m going to see if I can find an old converter box to attempt to reproduce the problem.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I spoke with one of the TV CE’s today on the phone as we have had some issues with the translators out here on the North Coast. With the change the FCC is making cutting down the TV Spectrum, it is a wait and see thing with any new translators coming on. The info I read said Channel 38 and above will be sold off, he claimed Channel 30 and above and if this is the case, several Portland TV stations will have to move. There is some talk that both 2 and 6 may move back to low VHF channels. The 3ABN CP out here on ch 42 may not come on for sometime if ever. He also said that his feeling are that in the future more and more services will be streaming as there will be less spectrum for OTA. Portland does not have that many stations compared to LA. There it will be a real mess. He did say that stations can be right next to them without interference, so, Portland may end up using every channel between 2-30 or 38.

washnotore
    Participant

The audio levels are a bit high. On all four KEVE sub channel.

washnotore
    Participant

Over at the AVS Forum Website. Someone in Reno noticed the Virtual PSIP Gremlins at work. It seems the channel information for KNRC is missing.

washnotore
    Participant

The Hope Channel on KEVE 36.3 seems to be missing.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.