3ABN in Portland?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

Is there a translator in Portland for 3ABN? Out here in Clatsop County Ch 42 tested with 3ABN, a few years ago in analog, from Megler Mt. They then turned in off. Now tonight when I got home, I did a scan at in popped 42 in analog again with a blank screen. Maybe they are looking on coming back on, but they will have to switch to digital by Sept. We also had ch 28 test years ago with Home Shopping. Last year they updated their CP for digital, so maybe they are going to do something. Ch 51 also has tested with EICB (Rel). We also have CP’s for 15, 36, & 38. An app for 24. But with the change with 12/49 running sub channels, maybe some other companies may be looking at OTA TV here being more viable for an audience.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I hear ya. It wasn’t that I was all that interested in 3ABN, but I was wondering if Portland had a translator? Seattle has one on 8 I believe. I figure with the addition of more OTA TV out here, we may get shopping and religious channels along with everything else. we sure have enough religious FMs out here now.

jr_tech
    Participant

From what little I have observed, I don’t think that KEVE 36 is strictly speaking a 3ABM translator. Much of the time they display only the “Better Life Broadcasting” logo, but they appear to be affiliated with 3ABM and carry some 3ABM programming, check out this somewhat outdated listing:
    https://3abn.org/networks/3abn-tv/uhfvhf-stations
    more on Better Life Broadcasting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KEVE-LD

mwdxer1
    Participant

Thanks. I do see they do have a listing for Astoria on Ch 42. Right now the transmitter is still on with a blank screen. I have not seen this on for several years now since they tested with 3ABN. I wonder if they are getting ready to pop on? Funny, they would be on in analog. Isn’t the deadline for all analog translators to go to digital in September?

mwdxer1
    Participant

One other thing, I checked the FCC site and K42IR Better Life, they are listed as licensed but silent. Add to that, it claims their license ran out in Feb 2015. I wonder if they have renewed it, and the FCC site is out of date?

jr_tech
    Participant

Looks as if the application for renewal has been “accepted for filing” :
    http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_list.pl?Facility_id=130807

9/01/15 is the last date that I have heard for “analog sunset” of the remaining analog TV stations.

rcrowley
    Participant

KEVE-LD Ch. 36.1 in PDX is running “Better Life TV” which originates in Grants Pass, OR. BLTV broadcasts on >25 channels from Portland down into Central (and soon Southern) California, mostly on their own transmitters. BLTV is the largest 3ABN affiliate and runs 80-90% 3ABN from G19, and the remainder their own locally-produced content. BLTV just started a “Better Health” channel which they will be adding to 36.2

And I am working with an organization which is adding 36.3 and 36.4 as soon as all the equipment arrives and we get it running. Everything is IP these days so we can put the automation computer in Gladstone and run the two channels ASI over IP through the public internet up to Sylvan Hill.

washnotore
    Participant

That would be One Ministries out of Santa Rosa, CA. They have been signing on new translators though out Northern California.

http://kkpm.tv/

Channel Line Up

dot 1 Betterlife TV (Grants Pass)
    dot 2 Betterlife Health Channel (Grants Pass)
    dot 3 QVC on Air
    dot 4 American Uncensored News (AUN)
    dot 5 God TV
    dot 6 Daystar
    dot 7 The Walk
    dot 8 Spanish Christian TV
    dot 9 Audio Programing

mwdxer1
    Participant

Any idea on 42 in Astoria?

washnotore
    Participant

I just read somewhere that KEVE-LD 36.3 might become 3ABN’s Hope Channel. Not sure what 36.4 will be yet.

Not to be off topic here. TBN station KNMT-TV, has recently done a channel reshuffle. TBN’s children programing will be time-shared. With the same channel that broadcast TBN’s Christian Music. The new channel TBN has added. Will be carrying Spanish programing.

kb101engineer
    Participant

KEVE is adding 36.2, 36.3 and 36.4. Last I checked, the audio is missing on 36.3.

spud
    Participant

36.2 – Better Health
    36.3 – Hope Channel
    36.4 – Esperanza (Spanish)

Broadway
    Participant

Can’t find a coverage map.

Chico
    Participant
    spud
    Participant

Very strange. I sometimes have a hard time picking up the signal in Gresham with an outside antenna. Could this map show an upgraded service?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.