2018 Christmas Flips

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  semoochie 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

DarkStar
    Participant

97.1 FM – KYCH-HD1 (Charlie FM) and KYCH-HD2 (Funkytown) have flipped to Christmas music.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

K103 is “Portland’s Christmas station.”

washnotore
    Participant

Over the last two years. K103 hasn’t played the real Christmas music. Which was usually heard on December 24 and 25. Bahumbug for the early flip in middle of November.

semoochie
    Participant

K103 announced that they had flipped this morning sometime after 8AM. I thought it was 8:15. That’s pretty close. I’m guessing that Charlie flipped just before that. I don’t hear anyone else and don’t expect to. It’s curious that KYCH-HD2 switched as well. Are they simulcasting?

DarkStar
    Participant

97.1 FM – KYCH-HD1 (Charlie FM) and KYCH-HD2 (Funkytown) have flipped to Christmas music.

It’s curious that KYCH-HD2 switched as well. Are they simulcasting?

semoochie: My wife provided the report since she had the HD radio. I later asked her and KYCH-HD2 was a mistake (thank goodness)! They are still in standard Funkytown mode!

semoochie
    Participant

It could have been interesting: Just traditional or just new on HD2

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

When is it okay to start listening to Christmas music? For one Portland radio DJ, it’s never too early … or too late.

Stacey Lynn at K103 FM says she is an expert when it comes to Christmas music and believes it is appropriate to play year-round.

“Is there such a thing as too early?” Lynn said. “I don’t think so.”

https://www.kptv.com/news/christmas-music-in-november-portland-radio-station-says-it-s/article_c3a96212-e95e-11e8-b95f-3b08593e0346.html

Langston
    Participant

Yet they don’t play it year-round. Often electing for the likes of REO Speedwagon instead.

fennekinisfire
    Participant

I’ve been hearing Christmas music on both KKCW/K103 and KYCH/Charlie, and both stations tend to play the same carols over and over and over. Also, It’s strange that KOOL/Kool 99.1 FM in Eugene hasn’t flipped yet to Christmas music. Normally this is the time they would do so.

Bob Berry
    Participant

Can’t wait to not listen to it.

Clinton
    Participant

Sounds like 1450, KBPS has also made the official annual Christmas flip. Not sure exactly when the flip took place, but I noticed it late this morning. Therefore, if you’ve heard everything from the other two playlists, you now have another alternative. Also, for those that have one, you can fire up your C-QUAM Stereo receiver for the holidays.

Enjoy!

semoochie
    Participant

Way FM has been All Christmas since the 23rd and the last time I checked, K-Love was every other song. I find that last one interesting, since The Fish abandoned its Christmas music last year, presumably because of K-Love.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I just noticed today that the C-QUAM is back on at KBPS. Rejoyce! Rejoyce! I hope to be able to record and post some airchecks soon.

semoochie
    Participant

Apparently, The Fish is All Christmas after all. It looks like they switched around the first of December.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.