2.5 years in prison for sex on the beach?

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things 2.5 years in prison for sex on the beach?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

And, they both have to register as sex offenders? This seems so over the top if you ask me.

http://www.katu.com/news/national/Florida-man-gets-25-years-for-having-sex-on-the-beach-311788741.html

missing_kskd
    Participant

We are such prudes. Seriously.

There is no way any of that sentence makes sense.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

The link say 25 years, but it’s 2 1/2 years. Probably a problem with the period or a slash mark in the link.

The registering as a sex offender has gotten out of hand like most well intentioned laws. This is clearly an abuse. He wasn’t a sex offender, he just did something totally stupid.

Yes he should have been punished in some form, but why don’t we save our resources for real criminals.

Vitalogy
    Participant

It appears to me that is was consensual sex. All that occured here is public indecency. A ticket at best is warranted. I would rather put people in jail that actually pose a threat to society. Like George Zimmerman.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yep.

Being indecent does not warrant anywhere near this level of discipline.

Does more harm than good, and it’s expensive, and it makes people question the law more than they would otherwise, which weakens the law.

radiodork
    Spectator

This guy is a total dirt bag. He was having sex with little kids near him on the beach, that is not ok. This was not a nude beach so he needs to control himself. He also has a shady past, drug convictions ect. If you wanna “shag” then get a room.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Nobody said it was OK. And shady past has nothing to do with this event at all.

It’s all about what kind of discipline will do the most good, and I hardly believe a fairly long term and registration as a sex offender is the right way to go here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.