1640 KDZR Off the Air

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    chessyduck
    Participant

The format (and language) switch promptly happened at midnight. “La Patrona 1640 ha llegado” as one would say.

Pretty funny website graphics now appear during the transition – the “La Patrona 1640” logo now has been embedded in “The Patriot” website (thepatriotportland.com) among the listings for all the conservative talk shows. A similar mix-up also shows among the new website: lapatrona1640.com . KDZR is already promoting its “LaPatrona1640” website.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I have been listening to La Patrona. The format focus is “Exitos del ayer” (yesterday’s hits). I have to attempt some signal strength measurements when I have a chance. I wonder whether they are using their night power 24 hours a day. I was driving on Brookwood Parkway in Hillsboro today, which does not have overhead utility lines, and there was so much interference that I could not understand the traffic reporter who came on, though I could easily hear the music.

semoochie
    Participant

It should get better when they move to Scholls Ferry Road, at least for you.

Borderblaster
    Participant

From 530 to 1700 its (A)ll (M)exican radio

Alfredo_T
    Participant

¡Si señor!

I agree that 1640 will be much better at the more centrally-located Scholls Ferry Rd. transmitter location.

As promised, I took some signal strength readings earlier today. I am convinced that KDZR is broadcasting on its night power, regardless of the time of day. Taking the 1640 measurement during the day as baseline:

• The 1640 night measurement fluctuated, even when interfering stations were nulled out. What I thought was the “true” (stable) signal strength was +3 dB with respect to what I measure during the day. I suspect that this could be due to high angle skip and backscattering “helping out” the signal.
    • The 1520 night measurement is +19 dB. Zipsignal says that I should see +17 dB.
    • The 1520 day measurement is +23 dB. Zipsignal says that I should see +22 dB.

1640 is currently suffering from occasional low modulation and mismatched audio levels. I noted that again this morning.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.