10 San Bernardino deputies placed on leave after beating caught on video

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things 10 San Bernardino deputies placed on leave after beating caught on video

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Ten San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputies were placed on paid administrative leave Friday after TV news video showed them beating and kicking a suspect.

Sheriff John McMahon announced the move to place the deputies — including a sergeant and a detective — on leave during a news conference Friday afternoon. He said some of the actions on the tape appeared “excessive.”

“I am disturbed and troubled by what I see,” he said. “It does not appear to be in line with our policies and procedures.”

He asked the public to have patience as the use-of-force case is being investigated. Since the video was released, the sheriff’s department has received numerous threatening phone calls, emails and posts on social media, he said.

In the video, captured Thursday afternoon by a KNBC-TV news helicopter, deputies can be seen kicking and punching Francis Pusok, 30, at the end of a horseback pursuit. The video appears to show the deputies striking him after he was on the ground with his hands behind his back.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83260772/

The video pretty much says it all.

missing_kskd
    Participant

It’s good we are getting these out there.

We need good, effective, human police, not thugs.

Vitalogy
    Participant

How many beatings and murders have occurred at the hand of police that didn’t get taped?

I think the police need to make a choice: Be a cop and protect and serve, or join the military and kill and and abuse at will and be justified.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.