1/6

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

I doubt it will hurt him with the 74 million Trump voters or the few million 2024 Republican primary voters. And that’s all that matters to him. Look at all the BS Trump got away with that didn’t prevent 74 million people from voting for him last November.

mwdxer1
    Participant

He may end of behind bars and some of his family before this is through…..

paulwalker
    Participant

Ted Cruz is a joke. Lacking any political sense.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Ted Cruz is not a “joke.” I can think of many many applicable pejoratives to use instead that are far more accurate. Like schmuck. Sniveling weasel works for me, too.

Ted is fully educated in the law, has clerked for a SCOTUS judge, etc. etc. He wants to inherit the 70 million scumbags although it appears he will have to fight for them with the new white power guy Hawley. Neither one of them, IMO, nor drumpf, will ever come close to the next GOP presidential nomination. The GOP is not going to do anything about drumpf except claim he’s been a bad boy, but not to the point of using the 25th Amendment or convicting him in the Senate if the House impeaches him for the second time.

Major legislation will continue to be stalled by the filibuster although there is still a lot the Democrats can do with their 51 vote Senate majority if they can keep Manchin on board. Finding 9 Republicans will become costly in pork giveaways, and weaken the chance for a Biden reelection if what does get done doesn’t satisfy the further left. It’s going to be interesting to watch it all play out, but I’m not holding any ridiculously high expectations.

Still, the country will be in more responsible hands which is critical for getting through the rest of the COVID period. Rebuilding international connections will be important both for that and rebuilding the economy.

As much as I’d like to see them staple drumpf’s scrotum to a tree stump and push him over backwards, he will never go to jail. He will be hit with financial judgements and fines, especially when his taxes become accessible. Most likely, he will relocate out of the country. He’s already openly contemplated that.

The Republican enablers might be the ones that in the end pay a higher price for lesser crimes. Somehow, that’s just the way it seems to go with drumpf. A quick review (pre pardons) bares that out.

I take a small bit of satisfaction in the fact that drumpf was not reelected, is in hot water, will probably never run (assuming he is not barred) for public office (he couldn’t stand to lose again, as per his niece) and will not emerge in control of his assets as his creditors will have him by the balls. It’s going to have to be enough, since incarceration really seems out of reach. Not because he doesn’t deserve it. I hope I’m wrong, but if he appears to be in jeopardy of actually being arraigned, he’ll leave the U.S.

The seventy plus million people that voted for him is not a contiguous block. Many of them are not trumpers. They are just anti-liberals that live their lives like it was still the mid 1950s. That Republican party is dead and gone, and it’s not coming back.

White power and racism survives this all but the Democrats, if they focus, can emasculate the larger groups that embrace those ways.

semoochie
    Participant

Warnock and Ossoff’s wins were certified on January 6th.

Ted Cruz has more than that to haunt him, not to mention aiding and abetting Trumps attempted overthrow of the government! He gleefully joined forces with a man who accused his own father of being involved in the Kennedy assassination!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by semoochie.
    semoochie
    Participant

I need to remember to read the last page before I post.

If they arrest Trump at 12:01 on January 20th, he won’t have time to leave the country!

Borderblaster
    Participant

“arrest Trump at 12:01 on January 20th”
    The word on the street is he’ll be in Scotland on inauguration day playing golf, which is under Covid lockdown.

semoochie
    Participant

They won’t let him enter the country.

It looks like Ted Cruz has been faking his admiration for Trump for the last four years, despite what the former did within the last little over 36 hours! Perhaps everyone else will follow.

Andrew
    Participant

Semoochie: “It looks like Ted Cruz has been faking his admiration for Trump for the last four years, despite what the former did within the last little over 36 hours! Perhaps everyone else will follow.”

You mean, Ted Cruz doesn’t really love the guy who accused his father of murdering JFK? The hell you say…

Andy Brown
    Participant

None of these drumpf enablers abandoning ship at the last minute will be able to get the stink off their skin after four years of support. Don’t be so naive as to think they have had any kind of change of heart.

Andrew
    Participant

Yep, Andy – they are all political opportunists.

edselehr
    Participant

From now until the end of his presidency, I predict every public pronouncement from Trump (including any tweets) will be written by his lawyers. If there is any group of people that he will listen to and abide by, it’s lawyers. In that respect, Trump’s presidency will be ending with a whimper rather than a bang.

Brianl
    Participant

Twitter to The Donald: You’re Fired

This will surely unhinge him.

Andrew
    Participant

Sounds like he was pretty unhinged already, but this won’t help calm him down!

Brianl
    Participant

Andrew – I follow a few Trumpers on Twitter, who continue to support him.

I can’t wait to see their reactions.

He IS unhinged, but Twitter was his go-to megaphone. It just got taken away from him, and now he will REALLY pound on his high-chair and pout like the petulant man-child he is.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.