Re: Washington State Radio Happenings

Craig_Adams
Participant

This from All Access:

Howard Hoffman To Call Walla Walla Sweets Baseball This Season

Radio veteran HOWARD HOFFMAN will call the action for WEST COAST LEAGUE collegiate summer baseball’s WALLA WALLA SWEETS on CAPPS BROADCAST GROUP Sports KTEL-A (1490 ESPN RADIO)/WALLA WALLA this season. HOFFMAN, most recently Director of Creative Services for CUMULUS Talk KABC-A/LOS ANGELES for 17 years and known for hosting at stations like WABC-A, WPIX, and WQHT (HOT 97)/NEW YORK, KOPA-A and KKFR/PHOENIX, and KMEL/SAN FRANCISCO. has relocated to WALLA WALLA, where he operates his voiceover and production businesses.

“We have been fortunate as a team to have talented broadcasters every season and HOWARD is no different,” said SWEETS VP/GM ZACHARY FRASER. “With HOWARD’s level of experience in radio and his enthusiasm for the game of baseball our fans can expect another exceptional season of broadcasting.”

“This is a dream job for anyone who grew up loving the game. I’m genuinely excited to be working with a great team that’s become an instant tradition in the WALLA WALLA VALLEY… and to be a voice for the citizens of SWEETS Country,” said HOFFMAN. “As a rookie in the broadcast booth, I know I’ll learn more from our fans than from anywhere else. I’ll be keeping the lines of communication open through social media. It’s going to be a truly interactive live experience with every broadcast, so bring your smartphones to the games and let’s have some fun this summer.

“As a broadcaster, I’m looking forward to the experience of getting to know the players and coaches and to bring their stories to the listeners. As a fan, I really want to thank the SWEETS organization for this opportunity to see all the games for free. It ought to be a great season.”