Re: Southern Oregon Radio Happenings

Craig_Adams
Participant

This from All Access:

KIFS Taps Michael Czarnecki As PD

After ten years of music duties and on-air work in markets like BOSTON and PROVIDENCE, MICHAEL CZARNECKI heads west as the new PD at BICOASTAL Top 40 KIFS (107-5 KISS-FM)/MEDFORD, OR. (KIFS).

“MICHAEL will bring a whole new depth to KISS that it has never seen,” OM DON HURLEY noted. We’ve had talented broadcasters and programmers in the past that laid an incredible foundation for what KISS was built on, but MICHAEL’s grasp of the future of radio, both terrestrially, but the development and delivery of the product on newer platforms, will keep 107-5 KISS-FM the leader well into the future!”

GM SUSU MAHOOD agreed. “After reading his programming philosophy, I was amazed he is only 30 years old. His knowledge of the radio industry is remarkable and his vision of where it is going and how to get there is inspirational. When interviewing, candidates fall into three categories; won’t hire, would like to hire, and MUST hire. MICHAEL is, of course, the latter. I am so fortunate to be able to add another gem to the BICOASTAL team.”

“I am absolutely thrilled for this opportunity”, added CZARNECKI. “It is something I have been working toward my entire career. I could not be more excited to begin working with SUSU and DON to bring a heritage station like 107-5 Kiss FM to the next level!”