Forgot to mention why C.O. Chatterton, KWLK President would have contacted Harold Singleton in the first place and what their connection was.
Both had worked a KGW-KEX in the 1930’s. Chatterton had first been Asst. General Manager & then G.M. of Oregonian owned KGW-KEX between 1933-38. At the same time Singleton was KGW-KEX Chief Engineer, so they must have known each other for 15 years.
The FM transmitter must have been a General Electric (model) BT-1-A.
On November 14, 1947 KWLK-FM switched frequency from 104.3mc to 103.9mc. Marvin E. “Rusty” Johnson was KWLK-FM Chief Engineer. By December 1952 the station had left the air.