Re: Seattle Radio Happenings

Craig_Adams
Participant

This from All Access:

KNDD Names Garett Michaels PD—-Dave Richards To Program KMTT

ENTERCOM Alternative KNDD (107.7 THE END)/SEATTLE has named GARETT MICHAELS PD, effective APRIL 15th. With MICHAELS taking over KNDD, ENTERCOM/SEATTLE VP/ Programming DAVE RICHARDS will take over the programming of AAA sister KMTT (THE MOUNTAIN), effective immediately.

He replaces MIKE KAPLAN, who moves to CCM+E Alternative KYSR (987FM)/LOS ANGELES as PD next month (NET NEWS 3/18). A veteran programmer who most recently launched and programmed Alternative KBZT (FM 94/9)/SAN DIEGO, ‘MICHAELS’ programming resume also includes KYPT/SEATTLE, WPLT/DETROIT and WPLY/PHILADELPHIA.

“In a city as unique and music rich as SEATTLE, it’s critical to have a person with the right combination of creativity, strategy and vision, to lead an iconic Alternative radio station like THE END to the next level,” VP/Programming DAVE RICHARDS said. “I’m proud that we could bring GARETT in to take the 21-year-old symbolic SEATTLE music brand of 107.7 THE END to new heights.”

“The extensive journey to discover my next career opportunity has come to THE END,” MICHAELS said. “My family and I are absolutely ecstatic about returning to SEATTLE. It’s an honor to be invited to join the select and outstanding programmers at ENTERCOM. A huge thanks to PAT PAXTON, JACK HUTCHISON and DAVE RICHARDS. I can’t wait to get started.”