Re: Seattle Radio Happenings

Craig_Adams
Participant

This from All Access:

—-Bonneville/Seattle Ups Pete Gammell, Jason Antebi To PDs, Brian Long To Sr. Dir./Programming—-

BONNEVILLE SEATTLE has upped Talk KIRO-F/SEATTLE News Director PETE GAMMELL to Director of News and Programming for the station, and has upped KIRO APD and weekend Executive Producer JASON ANTEBI to PD of Talk KTTH-A as well as retaining his KIRO weekend duties. At the same time, Sports KIRO-A (710 ESPN SEATTLE) PD BRIAN LONG adds the title of Senior Director of Programming for the cluster. The moves follow LARRY GIFFORD’s exit from the stations earlier this year.

GAMMELL has been News Director at KIRO for the last three years; he began at KIRO in 2000 and left for a stint at CBS RADIO News KCBS-A-KFRC-F/SAN FRANCISCO in 2006-08. “I am honored to be a part of KIRO Radio – one of the heritage news talk radio stations in SEATTLE and across the nation,” said GAMMELL. “I truly believe we have some of the best talent in the business and I hope to continue to grow and enhance our news and programs.”

VP/Market Manager CARL GARDNER said, “PETE instinctively understands KIRO Radio. He was born and raised in TACOMA, educated in SEATTLE, came up through the KIRO Radio newsroom and has been a leader in shaping KIRO’s distinctive blend of news and conversation. More than anyone, PETE just gets the unique role this station plays in our community.”

ANTEBI joined KIRO as APD in 2011 after stints as a producer at CBS RADIO Talk KLSX/LOS ANGELES and CLEAR CHANNEL Talk KFI-A/LOS ANGELES, as Executive Producer at GREENSTONE MEDIA, and Executive Producer of PHIL HENDRIE’s TALK RADIO NETWORK show. “I’m excited to be given the opportunity to navigate KTTH into a premiere brand that reflects the values and beliefs of our audience,” said ANTEBI. “I believe we have one of the best line-ups of talk radio personalities in the country and one of the best local talents in our own DAVID BOZE.”

“JASON has won us all over with his relentless dedication and top-notch work,” said GARDNER “He’s a fan of KTTH, with a keen understanding of the station’s core listener. We’re excited to see what he can do as a Program Director for KTTH.”

LONG, PD at 710 ESPN since 2010 and former APD at ESPN Sports KSPN-A/LOS ANGELES, said, “I am excited to be working with two programmers I respect and admire, I look forward to collaborating with PETE and JASON to continue building upon these unique brands.”

GARDNER added, “BRIAN is a talented programmer and proven ratings winner. He brings experience, focus, and a leadership style that will be invaluable to our content teams on all three stations.”