feedback.pdxradio.com » Portland Radio

"750 AM The Game" Sticks With Seahawks

(10 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Craig_Adams
  • Latest reply from Brianl

Tags:

1. This from All Access:

---------------------------750AM The Game/Portland Sticks With Seahawks Network---------------------------

ALPHA BROADCASTING Sports KXTG-A (750AM THE GAME)/PORTLAND has inked a multi-year extension agreement with the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS to continue as the PORTLAND affiliate for the NFL franchise's radio broadcasts. The deal will run through 2014.

ALPHA Dir./Programming SCOTT MAHALICK said, "The SEAHAWKS are a cornerstone of our commitment to the NORTHWEST Sports Fan."

Posted on March 20, 2012 - 08:15 PM #
  2. W7PAT

vacuum tube

I don't know why they think we would naturally support the Seahawks. Notice no station in Seattle picked up the Trailblazers after Seattle lost their team.

Posted on March 20, 2012 - 10:08 PM #
  3. paulwalker

vacuum tube

Al, come on...

Washington State should be Seahawk territory, thick or thin.

Vancouver especially.

As for the NBA, you lose your team, to move your alliance to the Blazers is just not reality. Won't happen, ever.

Washinton State in the Vancouver area, will root for the Blazers. That is not even an issue. However, Vancouver, will root for the Seahwaks and Mariners, and many for their alma maters, UW and WSU. including Vancouver and the Tri-Cities will never root for Portland teams. (OK, perhaps the Blazers might have some interest in Vancouver, but when Seattle gets a new team, and it will happen eventually),then Vancouver will root for this team. We shall see when all this happens, whether it is 2013, or later, it will happen. Bet on it.

Posted on March 20, 2012 - 10:17 PM #
  4. NoParty

vacuum tube

I don't know why they think we would naturally support the Seahawks.

So who would Portland support the Jacksonville Jaguars?

Posted on March 21, 2012 - 12:08 AM #
  5. Brianl

vacuum tube

"So who would Portland support the Jacksonville Jaguars?"

Jacksonville doesn't even support the Jacksonville Jaguars! (And if I was a betting man, that's where I'd say Tim Tebow ends up. Hometown, wildly popular, he'd instantly fill that stadium)

The NFL is extremely regional by nature, as I've found out living all over the US. When I lived in South Dakota, we were about equal distance from Denver and Minneapolis, and most of the people there had allegiances to either the Broncos or Vikings. Most all of New England, for example, are Patriots fans. Bangor, Maine isn't exactly close to Foxboro, Mass. Denver owns the Mountain West predominately. The Gulf Coast, all up and down? Saints fans. And in the PNW, we're primarily Seahawks fans.

A good chunk of Seahawks season ticket holders are from Portland. I've made the drive up for games several times myself. This is a very important market for the Seahawks, and you better believe that they drop some coin here cultivating it.

As for Seattle getting another NBA team, it would only be enriched if somehow, some way, at the same time, Clay Bennett drops dead while choking on his own feces.

Posted on March 21, 2012 - 05:38 AM #
  6. W7PAT

vacuum tube

"So who would Portland support the Jacksonville Jaguars?"
    If you wish to. For me it is the 49'ers and the Broncos. I don't have an allegiance to Seattle. I get tired of being force fed Seattle Football and baseball. We are not Seattle.

Posted on March 21, 2012 - 08:15 AM #
  7. NoParty

vacuum tube

I'd get tired being force fed 49er's or Bronco games. WE ARE NOT California or Colorado.

Just sayin.....

Posted on March 21, 2012 - 09:32 PM #
  8. paulwalker

vacuum tube

Nice, NoParty. And agreed.

Posted on March 21, 2012 - 10:27 PM #
  9. msndrspdx

vacuum tube

:lol::DWell, think of all those NFL fans in Los Angeles who don't have a team to root for right now. They're probably stuck seeing San Diego Chargers games next season... :D...And consider this: Seattle Sounders soccer fans are LOUDER than NFL Seahawks fans! That chant during Sounders games...

"SEEEAAATTLLLEEE!!...SEEAATTLLLEEE!!"

...that's gotta be audible for blocks around the stadium on a Sounders game night!
    Best, M.

Darn, some of the Emoticons aren't working!

Posted on March 22, 2012 - 12:35 AM #
  10. Brianl

vacuum tube

I don't know if it's possible to be louder than CenturyLink Field for a Seahawks game. Remember that big touchdown run that Marshawn Lynch busted off against the Saints two years ago in the playoffs? It measured on the Richter scale. Literally!

Posted on March 22, 2012 - 05:40 AM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.